lif  13%  13%  [ 2 ]
DeVee  47%  47%  [ 7 ]
ROCKY SULLIVAN  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
otbt  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Chopperman  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: SPBB#229 POLL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:58 am 

I went ahead and made the poll for mnight hope thats okay.

This one was a really tough decision. i loved NODDYs, GREEN DUTCH and ASHA C beats. Went with Green Dutch! Thanks again for the extension. Great work done here my SP FAM!!

Last edited by JOHNSONDONTSURF on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SPBB#229 POLL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:59 am 

Noddy Headed Freak and Teddy P link aren't working.

I voted LIF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:22 am 

thank you! I was too busy to do this. Very good bits are presented here. DEVEE space trip. P I L L O W good bit, relax. Greendutch crazy slicing.
i voted devee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:42 am 

noDDy hEAded fREak wrote:
Noddy Headed Freak and Teddy P link aren't working.

I voted LIF

My apologies,nODDY. I see where I went wrong. I do believe i fixed it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:25 am 

I'M DISQUAL! I SURPASS 2 MINUTE CUTOFF, DO NOT VOTE FOR ME. I AM AN ABSENT MINDED RULE-BREAKER!

voted for DEEEEVEEEE cause idk it sounds crazy nice

thinking in words is hard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:52 am 

VOTED DEVEE

2ND : L I F
3RD : T.TED

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:13 pm 

Noddy Headed Freak: Nice choppy, loft sounds and the drums pounded!!! I felt a little too much on the slice-iness of the track as a whole, also loved those occasional squelchy synth sounds at 0:56, would like to hear more of those.

Green Dutch: Funky little intro and liked the off beat sound you got going on from that drum rhythm, felt the hi hats were a little too loud but all round nice lofi vibe!

HELOWPILLOW: Eeerie intro, really enjoyed that washed out background piano and (I think) echo-y vocal sample? All round nice cinematic track! Fave so far!!

DURDY: Cool loft, chilled vibe, liked those background reversed vocal but at the start and the piano kept it going nicely, all round nice chilled track!!! little over the time limit and could probably have been made shorter!

Teddyp: Nice eerie!!! Those delicate piano sounds gave it a real creepy vibe and was pleasantly surprised when the beat came in and added that nice off beat sound. Second fave so far!!!

PEEL: nice!!! loved when the beat came in and was pushing the track forward, also loved those pauses you did. However the main sample became quiet repetitive, i also found giving variation difficult with the provided samples in my submission.

Marco Grouch: loved how you got those drums sounding so crisp and clear!!! Nice use of the samples and nice changeup at 0:36, and loved that second part of the beat and bass line was sounding sweet was that the mix 22? felt the second half wasn't really needed and could have been a second submission by itself or was it supposed to be like 2 tracks in one?

Lif: Liked the distant sound of the intro and it had a real washed out feel and the drums sounded sweet with those hi hats!!!

Devee: Loving the atmospheric use of the samples and the beat was great!!! and worked well with the vocal sample, this is my fave along with Hellowpillow, only thing that could have made it even better was some slight variation.

Rocky Sullivan: Nice use of the piano sample, had a really mellow, feel good vibe!! the acapella worked great too!!! your picture fitted really well with the track !!!

OTBT: MAAAAN sweet bassline, kept it flowing real natural, loved the funky drums too, good work!!!

Chopperman: Liked how you used the sample and the filtering in off the beat sounded cool, nice choppy feel, nice bass too!!

Tough vote between hellowpillow, teddy p and devee, went with devee in the end, loved that track!!!

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com

Last edited by asha c on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:22 pm 

voted marco. the chops and beat starting at 35 sec were as satisfying as seeing a curvatious young woman dip her slice of pizza in a side of ranch she paid the extra 50 cents for

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:36 pm 

asha c wrote:
loved how you got those drums sounding so crisp and clear!!!
:mrgreen: The Marco Special
although I tried to go much milder on the drums this time cause I think it was getting out of hand

asha c wrote:
bass line was sounding sweet was that the mix 22?

not sure which 404's you mean but it wasn't Subsonic, if you meant CC then yeah. not sure what all was done to it beforehand but it was finished off with The Kel Filter™ :mrgreen: :!: (shoutouts KEL)

asha c wrote:
felt the second half wasn't really needed and could have been a second submission by itself or was it supposed to be like 2 tracks in one?

hahaha, yeah, my basic mindset going into an SPBB is make a full tape of shitty microwaves as quickly as possible using absolutely nothing other than provided samples, if I don't do it in a single sitting I'll forget about it, althoooooo most of the time I usually start at some ungodly hour in the morning so I get somewhere between 2.5 different beat loops and then go fuck this and upload it and go to sleep

Quote:
MARCOGROUCH 25% [ 2 ]

UH OH, my warnings have gone unheeded, and I now have votes despite being a no-good rule breaker!! this appeares to be the beginnings of a subversive street gang that rules the SPF underground putting the squeeze on anyone they see fit

Devee wrote:
the chops and beat starting at 35 sec were as satisfying as seeing a curvatious young woman dip her slice of pizza in a side of ranch she paid the extra 50 cents for
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:42 pm 

gave it to marco a fellow rule breaker! lol when I first uploaded soundcloud said it was 2 mins on the dot so I left it,then later on it figures out it was longer lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:23 pm 

asha c wrote:
Rocky Sullivan: Nice use of the piano sample, had a really mellow, feel good vibe!! the acapella worked great too!!! your picture fitted really well with the track !!!

!

Thank you, when I heard your take on this one it gave me the idea and feel for the direction I wanted to go. I owe all credit to the 303 for the chops on the Drum break with a touch of compression. The 202 pitched the acappella down and the piano sample i think.

Not sure why my track came out so quiet. I have KRK 6's-Series 1 and I recorded using a Scarlett 2i interface plugged into Ableton. Never had this problem recording into Fruity Loops with a simple RCA TO AUX with no interface. anyways I rambling.

Can someone link me to the thread that has the "KEL FILTER" settings I'm very interested in finding out his technique. KEL is a beast! Never been more motivated to make some beats now that I have a 202, 303 and 404sx in my possession.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:31 pm 

Voted for devee... loved the vocal sample/ it was the dopest beat... maybe wouldve voted marco if it wasnt for the time limit.. loved the cartoon samples or whatever that was.. hello pillow honorable mention

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 am 

WOW, I suck. I totally skipped Devee submission even though I created the Poll. Devee excellent job! BRAVO, SIR!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 pm 

More than happy to go deevee on this round, but special props to teddyp theres a crazy little drum fill at the end of the first bar that i kept skipping back to and listening over again.

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:15 am 

Voted Ted