It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:07 pm

Post subject: Roland SH-32 samples
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:34 pm 

First up :arrow:
..A single file containing all the built in drum sounds on the latest addition to my setup, a Roland SH-32 synthesiser/somewhat groovebox

I'm assuming the build in drums are samples of classic roland drum machines, anyway they sound like a nice solid set of samples for varied things.

http://www.4shared.com/file/25524319/86 ... Drums.html

Next up :arrow:
..Some synth tones that I made mucking around with it the first day I got it.. .Some are a bit crap, some I'm quite proud of .. and amazed to be honest.

This is my 2nd cheap synth I've used (first being the an200), and it sounds excellent!

There's only one note for each tone - a C of some description, played high or low depending on the purpose of the synth sound (bass, lead, etc)

A great way to turn it into the notes you need is to get even just a demo of ableton live, load the sample into a "simpler" instrument, then play the notes you want, it will pitch up/down for you, then record these notes into your SP. I spose it's not entirely straightforward, but if you understand software DAW's and plugin instruments you'll be OK.

If not just use the pitch control/similar in your SP and have a shot!

http://www.4shared.com/file/25524711/8f ... y_One.html

There are some great features on this synth so stay tuned I plan on adding some more sample packs. . next up will be big housey chord type stabs, thanks to the 'chord memory' function
:)

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:53 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

hey cartesia, congrats. i've been rocking the sh-32 for a coupla years now (there's another post on the forum where i bitch about the interface of the synth, but i certainly can't complain about the sound it offers).

one thing you may wanna try is messing with the 'octave' button on there, as it adds a thick and rich low-end to basses and stuff. really nice.

there's a LOT to find in this little box. i mostly just tweak pre-sets, but depending on yr temperment, i think you'll be continually surprised by it. i have been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:26 am 

yea man loving the octave & sub osc features, which my previous synth didnt have..

Gotta admit the interface is rather weird but it sounds wicked and thats all that matters in the end!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:58 pm 

Thanks for the sounds man. I wanted to hear the 32 in action.