It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm

Post subject: Oh well.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:44 am 
303 Award Winner '09

I thought I'd post some cool stuff for people to check out, but with so many DL's of the files and only 2 thanks it's not worth the effort if there's no gratitude. I'll still hit the folks off with the secret stuff if they PM me though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:45 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Well, I for one do really appreciate all the stuff you make public here. I'm still building up my main sample base and definitely grab almost anything I can get my hands on, sorting it all out later.

Anyways, if you're going to share some more, by all means do hit me up through PM then. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:43 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

Done and done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:29 pm 

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

edit: If I find something worth sharing, I'll let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:30 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

Cool, thanks man. I would be nice to see this Library grow but maintain quality and the rare or out of print vinyl we all love. I guess I'll fill it up with all my stuff eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:06 am 

Only posting stuff for thanks,
is not the way to live.

I see why you get frustrated, and I always give thanks where they're deserved - everyone should.

but giving without expecting anything in return is true charity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:09 am 

alright. first post and it's gonna have to be a big thanks to all you guys who put awesome stuff up in the library. this little sp community was one of the biggest reasons i chose the 404 over anything else. you guys are real! this shit's crazy! im from a very uncultured- conservative town that isnt really accepting of any sort of music or much of anything for that matter. the local record shop (not vinyl) got flooded out last summer and ive got no where within a 40min drive to get music because i refuse to shop at walmart. so thanks to all of you for being awesome, having good taste in music and keeping it real. i'll try to get more involved in the forums. peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:30 am 
303 Award Winner '09

cartesia wrote:
Only posting stuff for thanks,
is not the way to live.

I see why you get frustrated, and I always give thanks where they're deserved - everyone should.

but giving without expecting anything in return is true charity.

True. But I post things to help the sites resources and the people who are regulars here not just for thanks I get plenty in the real world. It's just a little discouraging that people would go out of their way to download the files but not to simply say thanks or giving any feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:02 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

i hear you euclid. i didn't D/L but i know what you mean.

on the other side though: there are a lotta lurkers on this site who don't bother registering or whatever and therefore don't say fanx. so it may not be the regulars who are using and abusing.

on the other side of the OTHER side: MFOX: welcome to the forum mans! small town livin aint easy, but hopefully the forum will continue to help out w/ that. remember that participating brings more returns too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:41 pm 

fauna wrote:
on the other side though: there are a lotta lurkers on this site who don't bother registering or whatever and therefore don't say fanx. so it may not be the regulars who are using and abusing.

You can easily deal with that though... just put a password on the files and send the passwords through PM. It doesn't matter if people register just to get the password, as chances will improve they will say thanks and so on.

It's like people that would love some more feedback on their music, this forum is simply a bit small and even though there usually will be plenty of listeners amongst the lurkers... most won't bother to register to give their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

That's a good idea, I think I was expecting thanks like cartesia said which isn't a very good state of mind. I'll just continue to load what I think is good music and hope people enjoy it. Maybe set up a thing where you can get access to the music files if you join and vote in the arena.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:52 pm 

Euclid Ov Oåklånd wrote:
...Maybe set up a thing where you can get access to the music files if you join and vote in the arena.

That would be tight... how bout this... if people enter a valid email address they can vote in the arena without joining the forums! They could enter the address... a password could then be mailed to that addy that would allow access to cast a vote... and then after valid voting, redirect to a download page with like 5 or 6 cool things to download. Then we could get outside votes without people having to go through the whole process of joining the forums.

might be some tricky coding... I'm not sure... anyone know how difficult something like that would be?