It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

Post subject: Any tips for someone new to Sampling
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:43 pm 

got my 555 about 3 weeks ago i have alot to learn still i'm a x drumer that put down the sticks and picked up the pads i'm looking for any kind of tips to do with the 555 i have been reading everything on this site for a week now so far i have been useing fl's and the 555 together :( in a few more weeks i'll have my x6 but till then i'm stuck with fl's old movies and thats about it well i just wanted to say hey to everyone and thanks for haveing a great site

acidsoul
myspace.com\acidsoul303 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:58 pm 

since you like acid, you could try getting some tb303 loops and chopping/rearranging them on the sampler. You can get some really original stuff from a really mundane source with an SP!

Other than that, what would you like to know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:35 am 

tips eh ? Experiment, practice anf have fun !. Thats about the best I can do. If you got more specific questions feel free to lay em out.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:58 pm 

na i'm not into acid that much d and b is one of my main things now the name acidsoul came from skateing it's a grind i picked up the name around 10 years ago but thanks for the tips i'll have some mp3's up soon just to see what yall think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:22 pm 

Hmmm D&B is a toughie! I really admire anyone who can make db music - it's sooooo complicated. I've made one track in that style and it was a lot of work (and I only made a simple db track too!).

Since it's all about the sub-bass, a good place to start would be the Synth on a tri-wave with some subsonic added in - by playing the d-beam you will get those 'wobbles' in the bass that db is so famous for. On the pulse setting you can get some good reese sounds too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 pm 

I think I started making hip hop cuz DnB was to hard :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 pm 

ya the d beam is fun to play around with but i have not done much with it so far did not see any real use for it but i see what ur saying i'll give that a try later tonight sometime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:06 pm 

The d-beam has many uses....don't underestimate the power of the d-beam side (sorry).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:10 pm 

lol.... The freshest thing about the D-beam is that its a synth. And you can resample that synth. Assign the Lofi Compressor to the Dbeam and you got some FAT synth leads and basses off it !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:49 am 

get yourself some nice drum samples. put on some distotion and maybe som compressor. then turn the bpm down to lik 100 or so and record a pattern. then you turn the shit up to 163bpm and you got yourself a drum n bass drum pattern;)

another tips is for sick breaks and wierd sounds, turn the bpm down to like 40 or so(as low as your 555 goes) turn of quantize and press one pad as fast as you can. when you turn that shit up to 163 again it will sounds mad! i did this on my qy70 the other day and i made a rim shot sound like a doorsqueck or something!

that's my tips.. if you use external gear to sequence the 555 you could use a stepsequencer...

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:57 am 

sample dj khaled Image YOUUUUUU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 am 

Beatboxing into the loop cature is always fun. You can get some pretty crazy sounds with just your mouth and the internal effects.