It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

Post subject: compact flash card and wave converter troubleshoot
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:16 am 

I have a San Disk Ultra 2GB compactflash card which I have been using with my SP-555 for a while now and have always thought it worked perfectly, until now that is. Had all the banks (C-J) filled up with sounds and decided to give the wave converter a try to see if I could both import and export sounds but as soon as I connected the card to my computer, I seemed to notice that it had somehow reformatted or something because the card was empty. I tried accessing it through my harddrive, nothing. and the wave converter would not recognize it. Much to my surprise, when putting the card back in the sampler it asked me to format the card as if it had never been in there. All my loops gone.

Can anyone tell me what happened, if I did something wrong, if it's something to do with the card-waveconverter-or the sampler itself, and how to get all this to work. I feel that I'm not using the machine to its full potential and would love to figure this out and get back to work on tracks without being in danger of losing data again.

Post subject: Re: compact flash card and wave converter troubleshoot
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm 

Hi I have roland M-2G compact flash card and I did format on the sp-555 and then turn it off and put the card in the card reader and used the wave converter to fill up and it filled up perfectly but when I turned on the sp555 and insert the card to play my samples and press banks C/G to F/J it start blinking these banks and tells me in the screen to format and I can't play my samples I test it putting a short sample in the bank C in the num.1 and it worked but when I p[ut more than 1 it tells me to format what can I do to make it work???????? please I need a fast help you can contact me in here and i would be better at my email [email protected] please I will aprecciate your help as fast as you can