It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am

Post subject: i need help..strange question i think
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:58 pm 

hi everybody
im new on this forum and so new about sampler, so sorry in advance if this could be a stupid thread but i need to ask u something about the roland sp 555..is it possible to use it like a multitrack recorder? i better explain my idea..
i've a tyros 3 and a roland gaia and want to rec in pad 1 a piano part, pad 2 a synth, pad 3 a bass ecc. ecc. using the great features of sp 555 and his effects..and finally reverse all on the pad 16 like an unique track..

my question is: for how many time i can rec on a single pad? is it possible for example to rec on a single pad a 3 minutes part of piano or an entire song?

thanks in advance for your patience:-))

Post subject: Re: i need help..strange question i think
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:12 pm 

as long as there is space on your card you can record any length to the pads. try it out and see how much you can get on there. best way to find out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm 

thanks a lot for your answer, but my problem is that i haven't yet roland sp 555:-)..i think to buy one but i need to know well if i can made what i've said..

if u say that it depend on the card space i read that sp 555 with 2gb card can rec about 12 hours of sample..so it mean that on one single pad i can rec 12 hours of capture?

but i also read that the loop capture limit is about 15 seconds!! what that it means?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:27 pm 

With the regular sampling , yes you can record up to 12 hours on one pad. I've used the SP555 like you described: bass on one pad, piano on another etc then play them together in sequence; should work great if you have the timing tight.

Loop capture is sort of a simplified time limited sampler; you can only record 4 bars or 15 seconds roughly. It will automatically loop and let you record overdubs as long as you wish, and you can set the BPM for the loop. It is not perfect though; search Loop Capture on this board to read more about it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 pm 

many thanks blavasky,
so u use the sp like i d like to use it!! great..so i can!!
ok i ll buy one shortly
thanks a gain