It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:38 pm

Post subject: Memory Card Won't Format
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:58 pm 

Hey everyone,

So I've had my SP-555 for a while, and found that when I sampled onto my new memory card, I too would experience the crackling some of you have talked about in other memory card posts.

Assuming it was just the card, I got a new one. However, now when I put any kind of memory card in, my old one, a new one, one I borrowed from a friend, the memory card banks blink and the screen reads Fnt or Format. When I try to format the card the way it says to do so in the manual -- holding down remain, hitting any one of the blinking banks, then pressing delete -- it just brings me back to bank A, and when I try to get to one of the memory card banks they just all blink again, as if it never formatted.

Any idea what the problem could be? The sampler just won't format any memory cards.

I haven't had any problems with the sampler until I tried to use memory cards.

If you could help, that'd be great.

Thanks!
Ryan.

Post subject: Re: Memory Card Won't Format
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:59 am 

hi!

Had the exact same problem, the sp is really fussy on what cards it can read..
in my case though it did read my new card (jamedia 1Gb) but just kept formatting my old uncomptible one (sandisk ultra 2 Gb)
also when i inserted the faulty one it wasn't recognised by my pc.. :roll:

what cards are you using? check out this thread to check the compatible cards: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1623

hope it helps :wink:

Post subject: Re: Memory Card Won't Format
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:39 pm 

hmm, that's frustrating. i'm not sure what my first memory card was, but it's pads worked but the samples would be crackly so i got a sandisk II ultra 2gb and it just wouldn't format. sounds like you had the same card though with the same problem, so maybe i'll try one more time with a new card. i tried to format one of my friends cards that he got for his sp-404 but that didn't work either -- should have taken down it' name. anyway, i'll give the jamedia 1gb a shot, and if that doesn't work, i might have to call up rolland and demand a new sampler. thanks for the help! if you have any other ideas let me know.