It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

Post subject: Pattern sequencer and more
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm 

Hi there

I´m tring to use the sp555 as I do with Ableton, that is, i would like to trigger samples on sync with a midi clock, no matter if the pads are not hit on time.
In Ableton you can launch the sound a little bit earlier, and it automatically triggers it at the correct tempo specified by the quantization grid.

- So, first question: is there any way to acomplish this (or something like that) using the sp555? I´ve tried with the pattern sequencer, but no results. Any ideas?

- Second: Is it possible to trigger patterns with midi messages?

- Also, I´ve suffered a very strange glithc: the midi trhu function disables with no apparent reason. Somebody has experienced this?

- And last, is it possible to view the volume level nuber of a pad? It is a bit annoying when you have to change the volume, the previous level is unknown and is lost as soon as you move the knob.

Thanks everyone and regards!

Post subject: Re: Pattern sequencer and more
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 am 

bump. id also like to know this. thanks!

Post subject: Re: Pattern sequencer and more
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:37 am 

Kaitain wrote:
- So, first question: is there any way to acomplish this (or something like that) using the sp555? I´ve tried with the pattern sequencer, but no results. Any ideas?
As bad as it is your best bet is still the pattern sequencer. Check your MIDI Sync settings.

Quote:
- Second: Is it possible to trigger patterns with midi messages
No, I don't think so. There's start/stop/continue and some other stuff that has to do with synching, but AFAIK there's no way to trigger the patterns with external gear.

Quote:
- Also, I´ve suffered a very strange glithc: the midi trhu function disables with no apparent reason. Somebody has experienced this?
It's not on the list of bugs I've seen happening and it's one of those settings which you can actually save, so it is strange indeed.

Quote:
- And last, is it possible to view the volume level nuber of a pad? It is a bit annoying when you have to change the volume, the previous level is unknown and is lost as soon as you move the knob.
It's on the display as soon as you hit the pad?!