It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 am

Post subject: CF card probem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 am 

Hi everybody!

I finally got myself a sp-555! I bought it second hand and it seems to work fine and all. I've only encountered one problm though...

When I put in my CF card (it's a sandisk ultra 2 go, i've searched and it seems to work on the 555 with others)and i press a C->J bank, the banks blink and the machine shows "FMT". So i format the card a first time, but when i press the banks again, it still asks me to format the card. SO i can't record samples on my CF card banks!!
AND my CF card isn't recognised by my PC... so I can't import/export samples through my PC!

so is it my cf that is dead? or a problem with the formatting? (or me being a noob? lol)

thanks people if u can answer!

edouard

Post subject: Re: CF card probem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 pm 

Hey I went through the same issue and roland's documentation on this is weak. However someone posted something real good on here once with a list of CF cards that roland has recommended he use ONLY!

ANd it's true there are ONLY a few brands and model numbers that work 100% with the SP-555 - and they differ depending on the size of card you require.

I know the Ultra II are a big NO! I use SanDisk Ultra CF, 2GB (15MB/s) - can't go wrong with this one!

All the best!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:51 am 

thanks for the reply!

yeah i've seen the list of compatible cards, that's why i went with the sandisk ultra 2GB like yours. But it still doesn't work. Figured out my card was faulty.

Anyways, had a Dane-elec 1GB lying around and it works fine with the sp :)

thanks again
edouard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:20 pm 

Quote:
I know the Ultra II are a big NO! I use SanDisk Ultra CF, 2GB (15MB/s) - can't go wrong with this one!

This is interesting, I have an Ultra II, which works fantastically! And every "Ultra" I've tried (i've tried about 6) have not worked. I wonder if each machine acts differently to different cards?..

Anyways, I just got 2 new SanDisk Extreme III, and they work well now :)

Any card that is "compatible" has a chance of being faulty
...oh cards :\