It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 am

Post subject: new second hand 555....have i been ripped off?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:27 pm 

i just picked up a used 555....

some problems.

are these just glitches that every unit has? or is mine ?i need to know a.s.a.p so i can return it if possible to the ebay seller....

the one that most strikes me as an actual problem is

when i resample a sample (set to loop) from pad 1 (for example) to pad 2 (for example), if i try to resample pad 1 looping for more than about 30 secs whilst tweaking effects, it then kind of stutters, stops playing the loop/pad for a second or two, and then it starts playing/looping again......

is this a general issue? surely not? what's the point of 1 and 2gb mem cards if you cant experiment/build long samples/pads/loops...

also, if i hit a pad and set it to loop with effects on it, if i then try to make an overdub in 'loop capture', the effect gets cut from the pad (sometimes causing it to get VERY loud all of a sudden.....) when i hit record in loop capture.....annoying.

also, am i meant to be able to assign an effect to loop capture? i can't....

i think there may be other issues too, but i've only had it for an hour...i think maybe i should have kept my 404sx.....there seem to be very few 'useful' benefits with the 555, perhaps just a load of flawed extra features.....

no quantise pads in loop capture? i know i can do that in pattern mode, that's not my point....
no metronome in normal sampling mode?

i really wanted to love the 555 but it seems a bit ropey....is it just this one?

some insight from 555 owners would be much appreciated...

cheers

Post subject: Re: new second hand 555....have i been ripped off?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:21 pm 

Surely someone knows whether resampling a pad, Whilst looping it (NOT 'loop capture'. just a regular pad.) with effects for longer than 30 seconds causes any problems. The stutter things seems like an actual problem no?

Post subject: Re: new second hand 555....have i been ripped off?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 am 

problem solved. changed memory card and did system init. seems the 555 is a fickle as everyone says about memory cards....

on a seperate note. is anyone using the 555 as an interface?

i dont want to use it as my main studio interface, just something at home to use with laptop sometimes.

set it up/installed drivers last night and all well, but having difficulty recording samples from the 555 in to sonar producer 8.5 without recording the metronome/sonar master mix....

i've tried the various 'cancel + mic/line' combination input/output options....no joy. am i missing something? what configuration are people using?

also, without setting up some complicated bussing/mixer, is there anyone runnig DAW tracks through 555 fx and recording them simultaneously on another track in the daw with the effects? i'm guessing not, but maybe there's a way?

and roland, for future machines, just occurred to me if the 555 also acted as some kind of dsp vst thing like the UAD cards you'd be on to a winner....

cheers