It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 pm

Post subject: midi interface problems
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm 

Hi guys,

I recently bought an sp555 and I have connected the sp555 to my computer via usb running ableton.

I have run into the following problem: I want to use the midi possibilities of the sp555 to be able to start and stop a drumcomputer from ableton without starting the sp555 patterns. The midi in of the drumcomputer is connected to the midi out of the sp555. I know my drumcomuter and ableton are set right because when I use another midi interface the drumcomputer slaves perfectly to ableton.

The problem is that I can get my drumcomputer started this way. But my drumcomputer messes up from the patterns that start to run on the sp555. If I then set the SP555 to the option where it only tempo syncs and doesnt start its patterns when it recieves a start message I get a clean sync into my drumcomputer but no start stop message. Which I really need.

Is it possible to get a clean sync out of the sp555 with start stop messages that doesnt trigger the sp555 itself?

Any help is appreciated.....

Post subject: Re: midi interface problems
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:13 pm 

As much as I found out you must empty some cf banks so external sequencer wont trigger sounds stored on pads. Check in the manual which bank runs on MIDI CH10... I must say I didn't try hard to tweak 555 to force it in my MIDI rig. I use it for all other things except MIDI , though I succeeded to transmit syx files from laptop via sp555 USB trough midi in/out from and to hardware synthesizers many times.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:01 am 

I wonder if there is a way to boot up the 555 in such a way where the pads won't do anything to the machine, like to act as ONLY a MIDI controller?

I've looked at the manual, but haven't found anything ...yet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 am 

Gday there, this is the exact question I was pondering... Does anyone have an answer? The manual's fairly unhelpful when it comes to MIDI