It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm

Post subject: approach to sampling
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 am 

Hi forum,
I've been using the sp-555 for a while but still trying to grasp all its features (i.e-pattern sequencer). I wanted to inquire different ways of approaching sampling. I usually find myself using one percussion sample, and then adding sfx to create polyrhythms. This approach hasn't given me great results though. I feel like the samples usually goes out of time, or that it the beat remains stagnant. Does anyone have any other ways of approach using the sp-555 to create songs. I really want to use the sp-555 alone to create songs. Any advice?

Post subject: Re: approach to sampling
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:19 pm 

Hey nferns88, I'm still struggling to find a proper workflow with the SP-555.

I guess I'm having more of a hard time because the stuff I want to record now isn't straight electronica or hip hop - plus I'm still in the process of figuring out stuff when it comes to both sampling and recording.

I think despite all the flaws of the looper it does seem like the best way to integrate patterns and live playing (since the pattern sequencer doesn't take loop/gate playback samples too well).

And this is problably not going to help you much but I figured I should post something.