It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Post subject: Resampling with loop capture question
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:11 am 

Hi!

I'm interested in the 555 and had a question about resampling on it. Is it possible to have a loop running in the loop capture, and resample a pad performance but only record the pads and not what is playing in the loop capture? In other words, does the loop capture become part of the resampling performance?

I basically want to be able to do the resample method but be able to keep my parts separate. I figured if this was possible I could resample a drum loop from my pads, load it in loop capture, chop up a sample, and resample the chops over the drum loop and have a new sample of just the recorded sample chops without the drum loop.

Prob not possible but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Resampling with loop capture question
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:06 pm 

My solution to this problem is probably both clandestine and obvious, so apologies in advance since it wont be the internal workaround youre looking for, but this one I resort to most of the time...

I record the drum loop to an external source, laptop DAW, my Tascam or whatever and Ill monitor that, for example over speakers while playing the chops on the SP in resample mode. If I dont want to bug the family or the neighbors Ive even had the drumloop playing in earbuds while simultaneously wearing a pair of studio headphones to hear the sample chops as I play.

Im not familiar with the 555, but certainly Im not aware of any internal overdubbing function in the SP-808 that would keep tracks- or takes separate... with the exception that the 808 has a multitrack recorder, the drive simply isnt fast enough to capture proper chops without getting disc-read errors whereas in resample mode what you hear is what you get.

Id also love to know if anyone else has an in-sampler solution to this.. i have cables running all over the place

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5

Post subject: Re: Resampling with loop capture question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:21 am 

Loop capture will always be included with the pad performance using the resampling method. Your best bet is to use a workaround method such as using a multi-track recorder or another sp to do something like that.