It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:30 am

Post subject: MIDI Clock
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:56 pm 

hi everyone, got a question about the SP555's MIDI utility and if anyone has any tips about it

basically i have a 555 and a Korg ESX, i usually use them both together at home and when playing live, i was just wondering if theres a way to get them both running at the same tempo via MIDI

usually i play pattern sequences on the ESX but on the 555 i build my tracks out of loops (one loop to a pad). sometimes due to me chopping the loops slightly differently theyll be the same BPM (eg 94) as each other and the ESX but as i let them play on they warp out of time a little bit

was wondering if there is a way i could get it so i trigger the loops and they run in time with the electribe's clock?

i don't know if this is actually possible, but any help would be appreciated :)

Post subject: Re: MIDI Clock
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:42 pm 

hey man - don't have the manual on hand (you can look it up online) but look at setting the MIDI clock to slave/auto (something like that). Then on the ESX midi make sure it's sending MIDI clock out. This way you can synchronize the BPM.

Also since you are mostly doing loops on pad on the SP, look into using the ESX Keyboard part (1 or 2), and sending the MIDI notes/pad hit to the SP555 sync'd to the pattern steps from the ESX. hope that made sense.

Post subject: Re: MIDI Clock
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:27 pm 

Hey!

I also have a 555 and an ESX-1. I managed to hook them up and sync them properly (ESX-1 being the master clock, SP-555 on Auto mode).
When I press play there's an automatic pattern that starts playing on the SP that I can't stop. Someone mentioned that one way to work around it was to make a new pattern with just one sample and delete the sample afterwards, in a way that the new pattern is just silence. I tried that but it still plays the initial pattern and I can't stop it.

Do you know how to fix this? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks!