It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Post subject: configuring sp-555 for a DAW? (and audio interface too)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:56 am 

Hi All, I'm trying to configure the 555 in cubase and my head is about to explode.

Basically i've got it setup right now that my 555 is acting like a soundcard for my computer as well as an input (i think)

whatever plays through my speakers can be recorded in cubase!

the only thing though is that it's QUIET for some reason... here i'll attach a screenshot

add you can see the audio in is working -- but it's only at like half the volume (that is with max velocity -- it's peaking there) I've maxed out all the sound output and input sliders i could find in windows but it's still peaking @ about 50%

Also i guess the red bar indicates that midi input is working correctly?

I dunno i've looked all over the net for guides on how to configure everything but it's disappointing how little information there is out there. It seems like most hits are talking about the product or sites trying to sell it.

Any help on the getting the midi settings correctly as well as my audio issue(s) would be appreciated.

I keep posting multiple threads in this forum cause i can't find anywhere else.

Sorry and thanks in advance.

I just really wanna get some of these drums down I'm playing crazy patterns and i just wanna get it going...

Sennheiser HD600
Motu Traveler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:18 pm 

okay the VST seems to be mapping now, but the sp-555 is trigger both the VST sounds at it's own built in sounds -- if i switch to a blank pad then the VST sounds dont trigger anymore -- grr.

Sennheiser HD600
Motu Traveler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:38 pm 

remember pads g-j are set to one channel higher than the rest of the pads. As far as input level. You have to adjust it using the digital level. To do so hold down cancel + start/end/level and adjust knob 3.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:52 pm 

Dj Frantic wrote:
remember pads g-j are set to one channel higher than the rest of the pads. As far as input level. You have to adjust it using the digital level. To do so hold down cancel + start/end/level and adjust knob 3.

okay thanks so much, i couldn't find that setting in the book's index (just checked again and still didnt see it... maybe i was looking for the wrong thing?)

and thanks for the info about the pad banks, i'll try to increase the channels

Sennheiser HD600
Motu Traveler