It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

Post subject: new user couple of questions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:00 am 

hi, just got a 555 last week and been having great fun samplng etc, just got a couple of questions regarding the pattern sequencer

can you have patterns in different bpms? and if not would i have to change the samples bpms?

also was wondering if theres a way i can play samples from the pads over a pattern whilst its playing in realtime?

Post subject: Re: new user couple of questions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:28 pm 

Pattern BPM are not stored- you have to make notes or record your voice on a pad saying what BPM diff patterns are at. :/

I think you can set the sample BPM to 'pattern' but you can get poor sounding samples if you stray too far from samples orig BPM. You can adjust samples BPM too to get it closer maybe.

Yes, just leave pattern playing then hit pattern button, it will turn off and you can play pads. Be aware of polyphony limits you might run into.

Have fun and read that manual cover to cover and keep it handy -print it if you don't have one. Search forums- lots of great info here already like the Pattern store BPM topic covered a lot.

Have fun!

Om

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:13 pm 

ah thanks man, pretty basic questions just thought it was easier to ask.

also i'm having a few problems with samples saving, sometimes if i don't resample them to another pad and just have them playing off the one i sampled them to they aren't saving, so when i turn it off and on again they arent there. this sometimes happens with ones i've effected and changed too, would this be an issue with the card do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 am 

Well could just be you are not used to the internal/card memory setup of the 555 yet. You can sample to the 2 banks of built in internal memory or the banks that are the external CF card.

If you cannot find the sample on internal OR external then ya something sounds fishy.

Maybe start by backing up to computer and formatting the card. If you know exactly which bank/pad the sample was on you could look for it when you plug the card into your PC.

C

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 pm 

im pretty sure i understand how the memory of the banks work (the manual was pretty clear), formatted the card in the 555 when i got it, do i have to format it in my computer too or not?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:58 pm 

No formatting in Sp-555 is what counts.
Not sure on your losing new/edited samples- that's odd! If you clear or start w fresh card, get it to happen, then share the contents of the card w me I could load it up on mine and see but not sure what would cause it. I'm not a super experienced 555 user either so maybe someone else will have an idea.
C

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 am 

i've got a fresh card i haven't used yet (bought both at same time), so yeah if your up for doing that then that would be muchos helpful man. card reader is on its way in the post so once it has come i'll be able to send em over if its still playing up

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:47 am 

Sure thing. Try the other card and test with it. If you never see that problem then it is for sure some issue with the first card. Does not mean the card itself is bad for sure just not compatible with that SP.
C