It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

Post subject: using sp555 to put effects on tracks in ableton
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:54 pm 

Hi there,

Im new to production and in need of help! So I am trying to put effects from the sp-555 onto clips in ableton...is this possible?? I don't have a soundcard- am using the sp-555 as the interface.. any help would be much appreciated. It seems I can send a sample with an effect from the sp-555 to ableton,and record it in no problem- it plays back with the effect. But if I play a clip from ableton and use the sp-555 to put an effect on-then record it in, I hear it through the stereo but it doesn't record it with the effect.. any help much appreciated!

J :D

Post subject: Re: using sp555 to put effects on tracks in ableton
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:54 pm 

hey there,
just play back the clip in ableton with the effect turned on and record it onto a new track in ableton.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:58 pm 

Do you mean play the clip in ableton and record back into the sp-555- and then back again to ableton in a new track? I was hoping to avoid that as it is alot of hassle to go back and forth. Rather than having to go back and forth I would like to basically apply effects from the sampler to what i've made in ableton while recording...that is my problem for some reason it doesn't record it with the effect from the sampler?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:34 pm 

yea, i wanted to do this yesterday and then i figured out it was bullshit. sorry. :P
one possibility to not having to go back and forth with the sample would be plugging it into your sound card via the cinch output on the back. but if you're using the sp-555 as your soundcard then there's no way around that.

or maybe recording with audacity works? it has an "record what you hear" option in it.
that way it could be less of a hassle.

hope that helps in any way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:43 am 

ableton has an external effect FX in the list. You would have to have an audio interface capable of having another output to your sp then your sp would go back in. Otherwise you would end up just doing it the work around way of sending the sound to your sp, sampling it, then sending it back in. I have a audio interface with monitor outputs as well as extra outputs and ins and it works just as your probably trying to do. The sp 555 FX are simpler than ableton so i just use it for that sometimes. It works pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:04 pm 

springwater wrote:
ableton has an external effect FX in the list. You would have to have an audio interface capable of having another output to your sp then your sp would go back in. Otherwise you would end up just doing it the work around way of sending the sound to your sp, sampling it, then sending it back in. I have a audio interface with monitor outputs as well as extra outputs and ins and it works just as your probably trying to do. The sp 555 FX are simpler than ableton so i just use it for that sometimes. It works pretty good.

hey there,
i just bought an interface with extra outputs. connected them to my sp line in and then my sp to the front panel INs on my interface. how would i set things so i can use the effects of the sp.
or how can i make sound run through the sp and back in. i dont get anything on the sp when i play sounds in ableton.
im wondering tho, wouldnt that create a loop that makes the sound go nuts? cause what goes in from the sp comes right back out into the sp and so on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:16 am 

never mind. i figured it out! great video here for anyone who might need it in the future:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVxNVvr9ROs