It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 am

Post subject: multi-level workaround trick?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:58 pm 

i dont have an sp555 yet, but i think im gonna grab one. i have previously worked with a 303 and 404.

i use an mpc, so im always using the multi-level feature. i wish the 555 had one but it doesnt.

again, i DO NOT have an sp555, so this may or may not make sense. you tell me...

would it be possible to use the loop capture in the following way to achieve a quick multi level workaround?

1- sample a sound, for examples sake we'll say a piano note.

2- apply the pitch effect to this note and play it back in real time while adjusting the pitch incrementally while recording the output to the loop capture.

3-play back / resample that pad across multiple pads, and just grab the specific repitched notes as needed.

does this make sense? would it be easier to simply resample a pad with effects or will this help make multi-pitch sampling a lil easier and faster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:51 pm 

ya, that will sort of work but it depends. Also, It would probably be easier to just resample the same note over each pad. The thing u gotta understand is that its a pitch shifter and not a standard pitch. So... it basically changes the pitch but not the tempo. This works good on certain samples. A simple piano note for example would work fine. But a deep bass note might loose its oomph. The whole pitch thing is the main downside of the SP series. A better option with the 555 is use the USB with a DAW and pitch your samples like that.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:09 am 

thx for the insight. i picked up the sp. i'll see how things turn out.