It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

Post subject: Muting & Un-Muting Pads that are looping?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:50 pm 

Okay, I know I'm all over the place today, but I "need more input (johny #5".

Maybe I'm overlooking something really obvious here... is there a way that you can use the sp-555 as a loop-playing device and then turn on/off the samples(loops)? I've simulated this by placing all of the pads under the same effect (isolator, filter,etc to where the sample is silent), then I just turn the samples on and off while they are playing by turning the effects on and off for each pad. It works out nice since, and its very similar to muting/unmuting.

What I'd really like is a way to load up a bunch of loops and have them all looping together in sync...then... cut them on and off with out stopping the music (and not retriggering the samples). Is this even possible with the sp-555?

... or do I have a secret crush on a different machine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:02 pm 

the way your doing it is the only real way to do it. But what u may want to do is this: instead of assigning the effects to all samples and then using the isolator, set the isolator the way u want it and then assign samples to that effect as needed.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:20 pm 

ahhh. your method is basically how i start out. i turn the effect on and then start manually adding all the pads. then start subtractin' to bring sounds in.

Q: is there a "master effect" on this, or way to achieve it quickly?,, meaning, can you go BLAM and have your effect on ALL of the tracks? (yes, i want to go "blam" instead of rushing to light up all my pads just to realize i have sounds in other banks still unselected... frustrating at times)

a "Select All Pads in All Banks" under the "effects assign mode" would do the trick as well. i bet that's not happening either.

oh, i almost forgot,,, u can achieve this with the d-beam, too. turning the pads on/off while d-beamin' the filter gets that mute/unmute technique also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:23 pm 

ya, theres a way to turn all the pads on to the effect but I dont know it on the 555. Ive seen it in the manual but dont remember.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic