It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Post subject: Problems with playing patterns in a sequence
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:29 am 

Hi there! Just found this board and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've been using my SP 555 for a couple of years now, but I mostly trigger the samples live and have never really messed around with making patterns.

Right now I have a live project where I use the SP-555 mostly for drum samples. One of the songs we do has a lot of changes and since I'm also playing keys I thought it would be easier to make patterns for the drum parts. So I have one pattern that is 52 measures, a second pattern that is 52 measures, etc.

When I play the first pattern is plays for 52 measures and is perfect. I trigger the second patter in advance and when the first 52 measures is up, the second pattern begins to play BUT the first pattern doesn't stop, it keeps playing along with the second pattern. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss adding some kind of stop command?

I'm really hoping there's some simple step I overlooked. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post subject: Re: Problems with playing patterns in a sequence
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:28 am 

hey man, sounds like your drum sample (is it a loop?) is not set to GATE, that would make it stop when the pattern does...otherwise the last sample from sequence #1 will play till its done.

Post subject: Re: Problems with playing patterns in a sequence
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:29 am 

Yep, they were set to loop. I had even gone in and triggered the loops off at the end of the pattern count. But you're right - I set them to gate and it works. Thanks!