It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Post subject: SP 555 export problem HELP PLEASE!
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:15 pm 

when i hit cancel + resample to export a pad my machine turns off or stays on but nothing but the mfx light turns on but turns extra Extra bright fucking stupid glitch i cant export this hot beat i made using the only two methods i know cause also when i load it to my mac it says export failed right away even playback failed someone HELP PLEASE!!

Post subject: Re: SP 555 export problem HELP PLEASE!
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:30 am 

I assume this is a resample beat, not made in pattern mode?
Do you have a USB or Firewire audio interface?
Or rather....why can't you use the SP555 as an audio interface and capture it that way in Garageband or similar..

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:58 pm 

Maybe check your firmware. I know on my 404 it did weird resample stuff without the latest firmware. It's worth looking into.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:29 pm 

thanks everybody for the responses I tried resampling again. I don't like using usb because i hear the audio becomes lower quality

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 am 

Dont believe everything you hear...resampling is going to lower the quality every time you use it too because the 555 stores compressed files so you lose something everytime.

Using it as a USB interface isn't 100% perfect but unless you have an interface with REALLY nice preamps I doubt running it 2 track to your DAW is any better than the 555 USB method.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 am 

blavatsky wrote:
Dont believe everything you hear...resampling is going to lower the quality every time you use it too because the 555 stores compressed files so you lose something everytime.

Using it as a USB interface isn't 100% perfect but unless you have an interface with REALLY nice preamps I doubt running it 2 track to your DAW is any better than the 555 USB method.

Yeah dont believe that. I think it might have been me saying that. I think this was actually more due to resampling than anything. The 555 will seriously degrade in sound quality thru resampling. Past few months I have been staying away from resampling for a cleaner sound. Make sure your internal processing level on your 555 is turned up. Then u should b good to record thru usb with no loss of quality leave yourself some headroom in daw when recording in so you can boost volume a little post record if needs b. With enough experimentation you will find what works for u. Peace
Oh yeah make sure to normalize in export options In daw. This helped me alot.
I noticed you said you had a mac. Try recording from line outs of your 555 or headphone out into line in on your mac into daw. Now try usb recording. Notice a difference? Pick which u like.