It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

Post subject: Ableton + Sp 555 live?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 pm 

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, for the search function has yielded no results.

But I'm curious, with the SP-555 now in my arsenal, does this make my Ableton obselete? Originally I had ableton and a very cheap midi controller (it had like 8 pads). I'm loving the Sp-555 and I'm curious what are the ways to use it live and integrate it with Ableton? I'm rather curious about as many things it could do as possible because I still love Ableton and I would like to hope that the Sp-555 doesn't completely overshadow it's usage correct?

Post subject: Re: Ableton + Sp 555 live?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:24 am 

you can hook it up through the usb and can use it like an apc. Like less of an apc, but the efffects for live use on the sp555 are awesome and easy to use.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:51 am 

I use ableton plus the SP-555 and i love it, i run ableton with an apc 40 on one channel and the 555 on the other channel of a really simple dj mixer, this way i can cue the two up with headphones, and have even further control.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm 

Are you using just the USB port to act as a midi controller for Ableton? Or do you use a midi-to-USB adapter? Hopefully just a USB, I have a ton of those.

Twitter: @vtmn_t
soundcloud.com/vitamint805

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:26 pm 

Ableton is such a deep DAW that I don't think there can be any hardware to replace it. On the surface, it would seem there's no reason to use a SP with it, but I don't see it that way. Your SP might only use one of it's effects at one time, but your Ableton track can include about as much as you want to include, provided you're not slowing down your computer with too much. So to eq, compress, delay the track your SP is in is entirely possible.

Unfortunately I don't have a decent computer to run Ableton right now, but I'm sure for those that do, it's a great addition to control their SP's and any other studio gear.