It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

Post subject: SP-555 as an EXTERNAL EFFECTS UNIT with Ableton Live
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:10 am 

So i'm trying to use SP 555 as an external effects unit. I have an MBOX2 PRO which has multiple outs, so i can use the EXTERNAL AUDIO EFFECTS on ableton. but im not sure what to do for the next step. I've read this post here

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5876

which was helpful, but not quite sure what to do after that. the problems im having are

-not knowing how to send (let's say) a percussion track to sp 555 using the EXTERNAL AUDIO EFFECTS and recording it back. (where do i send it to and how do i record it back?)

-if i set audio input & output both to SP 555 in ableton's preferences, then won't i NOT be able to hear with my monitor speakers? (Do i just have to use the line outs on the SP-555 to hear what im doing?)

-since the usb cable is sending audio to and from the computer (unless you stop it from coming either way), won't there be phase cancellation when recording back? if so, then how to fix it?

if anyone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it. More specific detailed steps would be much more helpful~

Thank you in advance!!