It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

Post subject: polyphony overload to get 1 mutegroup
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:35 pm 

Hey,

I have been toying with the idea of using velocity multisamples of say a tr808 to get an authentic recreation on my 555.

I could use maybe 6 samples of different velocities of the snare to get a more analogue-esque feel.

The problem is that the 808 snare is monophonic, and the 555 doesn't support mute groups.

I was scratching my head for a few hours then I thought- what if I trigger a silent stereo 'pad' sample on 5 pads, on every 16th note, just to choke the polyphony and leave only enough (2) polyphones for my single snare drum triggered off different pads?

I nearly had this working but I had to leave it. Plan to do a better test tonight. Anyone tried this or anything similar? I know i'm not the first to try it. Read something similar maybe on the 404 forum.

Mike

Post subject: Re: polyphony overload to get 1 mutegroup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 am 

have you tried this? is this how it would work, for example: triggering pad d 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, on every 16th note of your 4 or 8 bar sequence.

then have all your chops laid out on pads a1 through c16. so now if you tapped one of them, it would cut off the next one you played.

what note playback feature would you use to get it to behave like an mpc? 1 shot?

i suppose after you had your melody down, you could then re-sample this and add drums and the polyphony wouldnt be a problem for you anymore correct?

im new to the forum by the way, i used to have a sp 404, but sold it before i knew too much about sampling, after that i got an mpc and have been using one ever since, but i really want an sp again so i can use the djfx looper effect, i think the sp555 might be my best choice. :D