It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:58 am

Post subject: CF Formatting Issue FIXED with 1.04 System Update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 am 

This evening, I received an additional CF flash card (scandisk ultra 2gb) but could not get my Sp-555 to format the card. I read through some of the forums and noticed others had been having a similar issue, where the device only blinked briefly after hitting [DELETE] but did not format the card.

While I could not find help on the forums, I did come across some system updates on Roland's website that did the trick. I'm running and imac on lion so I had to locate the correct file versions, but after updating I was able to format my new CF card immediately. Here's the link, just follow their directions closely:

http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... id=1812362

Post subject: Re: CF Formatting Issue FIXED with 1.04 System Update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:18 pm 

While there's a topic on this on page 1 (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9822), perhaps yours is titled better and will be easier to find through search (either internal or external).

I think we could have a sticky about the most ordinary issues/info like latest firmware, card compatibility (official Roland list and sp-forums' list), loop capture tips&tricks, etc.

Should make it easier for everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 pm 

Yeah a sticky thread would be great. I don't doubt that the issue has come up before, but was also dismayed when I saw several discussions conclude with "send it back your card is probably broken" solutions and could not find a straight fix.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:13 am 

I'd like to report my experience. I had a SP555 with v1.03. When I insert the CF and power on the device, all the pads remained off and the display on a "5". Impossible to do anything. Then I uptated it to v1.04 and now it works! Perfect. I don't know how I'd had done without this forum! Thanks guys! :)