It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

Post subject: I NEED HELP! (Sampling to internal memory)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:56 am 

I just got a SP-555, I just deleted ALL the factory samples that came in bank A & B, like that annoying "Bang ya beats on" lol, but I need help on putting my own samples on the internal memory.

I tried using Audacity to record a kick that I made but there's no sound being recorded when I playback on the SP-555, all my sound parameters are high for recording, I'm using a USB cable to record from my PC to the SP-555.

What I would like is for someone to guide me through how they sample a loop, song, etc. from a computer using a USB, like what programs or what functions I need to use on the SP-555 to get the sound on

Please be easy on me I'm a NOOB :)

Post subject: Re: I NEED HELP! (Sampling to internal memory)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 am 

Hey

I don't use my 555 with a computer but was just wondering if you are getting a sound through the headphones from the sampler when you are trying to sample on it?

I'm not sure if there is a set of drivers on the disc that comes with the 555 that you'd need to install before a PC/Mac plays nicely with the 555 either or if you need to enable it on the volume settings (assuming PC now) like a sound device type thing? (ie right click on the speaker on the traskbar and click options)

Like I say - I don't use mine that way - but thats what I'd try :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:23 am 

No I am not getting a sound through headphones or speakers when record a kick drum etc (btw thank you so much for replying I really appreciate it) I kindve now just figured out what to do, but the output sound is really low even with tweaks, FYI I don't have an SD card which I'll be getting soon, so I had a thought in my head with that being said to just convert the wavs that I'd like for Banks A & B with the wav convertor given and just cut the wav on to banks A & B from the SD card to the internal memory, Im not sure how this would work or if it would even work to say the least, but it's common sense to expirement with a machine like this cause youll learn something new every time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:01 am 

The sampler only records what you can hear through it yourself. If you can't hear it then its not getting the audio signal. Probably need to set it up as a device on the PC to get it too play nice. Or use a lead from the PC speaker out to the SP in and that will get you started.

You have turned off the velocity key yeah?

Copy between internal and card can be done on the machine. There isn't a whole lot of space in the internal mem though so you are going to need a card soon ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:12 pm 

make sure you normalize your wavs if you want them to be loud...seems like as long as audacity "sees" the SP555 as your soundcard , you should be able to record out of there.

Also the SP555 has an internal processing level, I think maybe hold cancel and hit start/end, then you tweak with knob 3? You can set up to 9, 12 db extra - sometimes this helps if you aren't getting a strong signal thru a mixer or as you record on PC.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:13 am 

Thank you guys so much! This shit is crazy how helpful this forum is.
- Love