It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

Post subject: Effects usage / Isolator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:34 pm 

Hi guys!

I'm setting up my sp-555 for a live set, but there's a thing i haven't understood yet about applying effects. So far in the manual or on google i didn't find what i was looking for either.

When I run a sample (a song) and press the isolator button the effect often starts playing at the wrong settings.

Example: i used another effect before, i turn that off, i set all controls (1-3) to 12 o clock and then press the isolator button, but then the effect doesn't reflect the settings but rather cancelled out all lows already or something else. only when i turn each knob individually the effect starts to jump into to the right position.

By now i work around that by hitting the isolator button twice super fast so it will switch on and immediately off again. this works with other effects without being noticable in the sound, but with isolator the sound changes rather drastically, so its a problem.

I had a hard time explaining the problem so i hope its understandable what i meant. Basically: how can i adjust effects before i turn them on, when another effect was used before?

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Effects usage / Isolator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:11 pm 

Have you tried to use "effect memory"?
also try switch mode by - holding Cancel + push MFX

Post subject: Re: Effects usage / Isolator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 pm 

Hi! Thanks for the tip! I tried cancel + effect. However, that didnt work unfortunately. But i found something useful in the manual. If you press and hold remain you're allowed to adjust the effect with c1, c2 and c3 that will be selected next (without affecting the current one). Cheers!