It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

Post subject: The New guy looking for Samples
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 pm 

What's good peoplez? I'm new on here and I just wanna say this site is ill. I just got my hands on a SP-202 (I know its old, thats what I'm looking for in my sound), I was wondering can anybody give me some ideas one where I can find some Madlib, MF Doom, Adult Swim type samples? I'm also looking for sounds that are more electronic, kinda like Kraftwerx but more modern (not Daft Punk cause Kanye got everybody biting there stuff lol). Anyway, can you help the kid? Trying to get my feet wet with this basic sampler, any suggestion would be a good look. .....100 peoples

Post subject: Re: The New guy looking for Samples
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Quote:
I was wondering can anybody give me some ideas one where I can find some Madlib, MF Doom, Adult Swim type samples?

More than half the fun is sampling sounds. Search online for free sample packs, download samples, buy new gear like synthesizers or sound modules, buy sample CDs (I would advise against that actually, most CDs are crap and give you like 5 usable sounds per 50$) buy records (very good source of samples) and sample from there and everywhere. Heck sample yourself making noises and use FX to create new stuff. You can also scavenge youtube for sounds. There are a lot of people playing synthy stuff or instruments there and in many cases you can sample without the fear of being sued. :p

I know what you must be going through at the moment, as I have experienced the very same, but you need to get more creative than 'please give me some samples'.

From what I understand gear-wise, you might be into looking at going for a Kaossilator for synthy stuff on the cheap. Other gear that comes to mind are Electribes, Roland Grooveboxes (D-2 , MC-303 etc.) and so on.

When it comes to already chopped samples, you really don't want to rely on pre-made sample libraries too much, unless you go with stock sounds from actual hardware.

That reminds me, a software DAW like FL Studio, Reason or similar usually comes with a pretty big library of sounds. You can sample from there as well.

So yeah, you should start your journey, instead of begging for samples. ;)

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject: Re: The New guy looking for Samples
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:16 pm 

PHeMoX wrote:
Quote:
I was wondering can anybody give me some ideas one where I can find some Madlib, MF Doom, Adult Swim type samples?

So yeah, you should start your journey, instead of begging for samples. ;)

Thanks for your input family,, you said some stuff I will look into like the roland groove box. I need to correct u though (or perhaps myself), I'm not begging for samples, I was just asking for a specific sound. For example, there are a lot of genre's of music out there, I was looking for samples (or songs ) that have a certain sound. Been there done that with youtube, but my reason for asking was to get some ideas of artist that make a certain style music(Art of Noise, Kraftwerz, Daft Punk, Zero 7, etc). So I guess I'm looking for some good artist to crate dig on epecially overseas, feel me? Good lookin on the info though, its still a big help, 100.