It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Post subject: D beam?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:23 pm 

hey guys. ive gotten a lot of good info from here. nice work fellas. well i own a 404 and love it, thinkin about the 555 alot tho! i love the loop capture capabilities and i think the d beam is pretty sick looking! anyone use it? do you recommend buying it to use the d beam frequently? thx !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:21 pm 

The d-beam is definitely cool, but it's fairly limited. I use the filter from time to time to free up the other MFX(I use a 606). I like how it feels to control the filter w/ your hand. As far as the synth goes, its real limited. I once made a song around it using the blues scale, and it turned out pretty cool, but the sound is super standard. If you run it through some effects you can get some cool sounding stuff, and i hear if you have two of them they sound sick together. It also triggers any sample you want. So yeah, the d-beam is pretty cool, but i wouldn't buy the 555 just for that. The 555 looks like a dope machine though. Its got a lot of other good features.

*P.S. This kind of stuff should probably go in the production techniques section

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:06 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

There's more than just the D-beam that makes the 555 a tad more interesting than the 404, but when it comes to basic functionality, those machines are quite the same deal.

I definitely dig the D-beam and used it a lot more than I thought I would. It's pretty sick and you can do loads with it as far as crazy FX, bass lines and melodies and so on goes.

It's actually one of the few things I genuinely miss from the SP series on my MV8800.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox