It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 pm

Post subject: BATTLES
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:33 pm 

hey in the arena section or something i think we should have call outs and one on one battles....along with the weekly battles....i think that would be really interesting....

Post subject: Re: BATTLES
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:48 pm 
Awesome Member

xdrewx wrote:
hey in the arena section or something i think we should have call outs and one on one battles....along with the weekly battles....i think that would be really interesting....

hmmm... I think we should at least try one tournament battle. Now that we have that much participants... Lets say like 3 rounds / 3 samples
(preselection, semifinals, finals) Anybody ever thought of getting Roland into this...

I once had the idea we could make a real big battle with some shit to win and stuff. I've seen stuff like this on a german turntablism page and the battle was sponsored by RANE. I guess the winning price was a "serato-laptop-holder" ( :oops: :?: ) and an inno-fader.
Once I met the administrator of that tablism page at a q-bert concert and he told me that it wasn't such a big deal to get Rane for "sponsoring". I mean the dude did some digital flyers for representing that shit on several websites and yeah that's it
I mean I would try to ask Roland but my english is not that representative. :cry:
Don't you think they would have any interest on that? I'm not talking about winning a MV. Maybe a faceplate or some stickers a keyholder or whatever...I just thought it would be nice if we could get more attention on our battles, our music and hey I guess Roland already owns us a lot. 8)

Last edited by wax inspektor on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Hey that's actually a very nice idea. Unless someone else feels like doing this, I'd be willing to contact Roland.

Being not a native English speaker myself I do have the same problem as Wax Inspector though,

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:57 pm 

why don't you guys just post a topic to mike acosta. he's been on the forums a few times. explain it to him and see what he can do or who he can talk to.

I don't mind calling, I will need the info about rane and the other battles in detail so that I can explain my case. I would post a topic to mike first though.

I wouldn't mind a gigbag, some cf cards, or that ohh so beautiful black and gold faceplate.

Music is Love

and if you saw the paint on my face and the brain cells is like palendrome. hard to say

www.myspace.com/djbeanfunk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:19 am 

ya....but i think it would be sick for ppl to call ppl out...and tournaments holy shit....ya ill see if i can get anyhting to sponsor...theres a lot of lil stores up here that support me....so ill check and see if theyll sponsor us all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 am 
555 Award Winner '09

ide say djfrantic 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 am 
555 Award Winner '09

xdrewx wrote:
ya....but i think it would be sick for ppl to call ppl out...and tournaments holy shit....ya ill see if i can get anyhting to sponsor...theres a lot of lil stores up here that support me....so ill check and see if theyll sponsor us all

yup like the break dancing days "point"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like a very interesting idea! If someone can get the ball rolling I'm happy to handle anything that involves SP-Forums itself.

By the way, normally the people behind a website set these kind of things up but in that way SP-Forums is different. In my view you guys actually run the site and I (and chulukinat) just provide the platform for you. So when contacting Roland I suggest explaining the community is self-sustaining and that's the reason you're contacting them and not me.

Hope that made sense :)

Also, I suggest only one person takes responsibility for contacting Roland. It may be a bit hard for a big company like them to communicate with different people.

PS

Feel free to email me (marc AT sp-forums DOT com) if you need anything from me.