It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Post subject: just bought a new 303!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:11 am 

alright guys just bought this thing and I have some technical difficulties with it [don't judge the rookie wackster]

couple of questions but before that here is my setup
Main source computer, USB connection to Focusrite Solo, Focusrite solo output to SP-303 input [rca cables]

303 is empty and the smartmedia card is empty
here we go

1). when I play a song from the computer (preamp) [EXT source] I can use the filter+drive, delay, pitch, isolator, vinyl sim and it's bangin. But, the MFX button is not lighting up when I hold it and turn the ctrl 3 knob [side note: ctrl knob 3 works fine]
question 1: is it only supposed to function when the card is loaded with drums and samples or should it be working even without a source of sound

2). playing a song from the computer again (preamp) [EXT source] but when I press record it's not lighting up. how do I record? do I need some sort of equipment or a needed cable or turntable just for record to work? :?

please teach the wackster step by step the noob is real

Post subject: Re: just bought a new 303!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:49 pm 

as long as you are getting sound from the external source it should be able to record... I know on my 303 it seems like the hold button or the ext source doesn't always stay lit when its still functioning so maybe it is preparing itself to record but its not lighting up?

banks A and B are internal memory and even if you don't have a properly formatted card you should be able to sample a couple seconds worth of stuff onto those banks.. maybe try recording to A and B