It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am

Post subject: Loose Headphone Jack
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:09 pm 

Hey guys I've lurked these forums previously due to a friend who uses this board but never posted til now.
I've had my sp404sx for 5+ years now. I've kicked wires out of their plugs and now I find that the stereo on my 404 doesn't work unless i jiggle/twist the headphones.
At first I thought it was the headphones but they worked perfectly when plugged into other things. Then I thought it was simply my Y cables that I have kicked because I've had to twist them around to make them connect & work. Earlier today I bought a new Y cable and the same problem: No sound in one headphone.

I recently opened my 404 because I heard something moving around inside. It was a small piece, the back to the mic jack on the inside. Nothing noticeably wrong with the headphone jack on the inside but [when the 404 is closed] I can move the headphone jack around like I said so I see the actual jack moving.

My questions are:
- Does one replace the jack entirely? And how? (whether by myself or a professional)
- Is there a way to make the current headphone jack work? By soldering or by any other way?

The only solution I've had for this is to work entirely in mono on the 404.

Attachments:
headphonejack.jpg
headphonejack.jpg [ 105.96 KiB | Viewed 5812 times ]