It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 pm

Post subject: Importing aif files into different banks for different songs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 pm 

can anyone help me understand (newbie to the 404) how to import aif files into different banks for different songs?

The way I understand it from the manual all my aif files have to be on the root level of the compact flash card and will be imported in acsii (alphabetical?) order into the bank I choose starting at the pad I choose.

My problem is this. What I'm trying to do is t have between 8 and 12 samples per song and have each bank be a song so I can switch banks between songs and not have samples from more than one song on a single bank.

The only way I've been able to do this is by putting the samples from a particular song into the root level of the compact flash card using my Mac, put the card back into the 404 and import them into a bank then put the card back into the Mac and move those samples to a folder for the song and put the next songs samples onto the root level and repeat the process.

This seems to work for as long as the unit is powered up but as soon as I turn the power off I lose the samples, I'm guessing because it's looking for them on the root level.

Is there a better way to do this and how do I make it so I don't lose any samples when I switch the unit back on.

Thanks in advance.