It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

Post subject: Re: gettin rid of the sp 555 and gettin a mpc2000 xl, few ?'s
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:21 am 

yo i just messed a bit for the first time on an mpc 1000, dont know if what im about to say is gonna be of super help cuz youre looking at 2k right/? but anyway, the menu diving is in there, but i didnt really find it to be THAT annoying and since you're up on computers you might find it not a big deal at all. seems like it would be pretty dope with the tracks in the seq and the 4 ind. outs. anyway you're beats are dope i couldnt believe how raw you made FL sound with that cd you sent me, so i hope you make the right gear choice for you, if you still cant decide try combining pieces from all your diff gear into one track

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:39 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Hmmm...you like FL and like the workflow of an MPC.

Sounds like an MV is what you need. Its got that FL style when building tracks and the pads are just as smooth as the 2000 and the MV can do what an MPC can do. Plus its by Roland, so starting out on it would be the same language as other Roland products.

Im also watching a few mv's on ebay, those things are a beast and i like the vga output in the back. they are pretty cool machines so i think it will depend on the used price i can get and when the bidding is over but i gotta get rid of this 555 first, then its on.
but just being able to see the waveform when i chop would help me out greatly cause i just couldnt get used to copy and pasting and editing all those chops.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:36 am 

I would be careful of the MV. If you like the fast results of the 555 I dont know if you will care for the mv. There are a lot of menus in the mv ESPECIALLY if you are not running the external monitor. It is not as intuitive as the sp series. I actually put mine on craigslist today. Im looking into a 606 or mpc1k. I know the MV looks cool and a few on the forum rock it, but beware. Just my 2cents.