It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

Post subject: Yamaha DJXIIB
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:55 am 

does anyone have one of these? I saw one at my guitarcenter for $40. Lemme Know.

Post subject: Re: Yamaha DJXIIB
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:04 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

i have the djx keyboard. i think the dkxIIb is a box though,they might be completely different. i would check how the sequncer on it. my keyboard is nearly impossible to make a beat the sequencer is terrible. also it probably has small sample time. it is a cool machine in some ways though

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:58 pm 
Winner of Gold Medal
Winner of Gold Medal

Hey man I got this.. my buddy passed it on to me for free.

I would not spend any money on this as it is basically a machine with premade beats that you either let loop or string together by pressing buttons...there also effects and there and samples the u can scratch using that cd thing on the bottom right... BUT.. this thing cannot sample,
therefore, its pretty much useless from a beatmaking perspective... unless u wanna sample the scratching (its pretty wack).....

This thing does however have midi ins and outs but I'm braindead when it comes to that shit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:54 pm 

The keyboard can sample, but its kinda unpredictable because there's a delay between pressing sample and when it begins to record so you don't get the exact start point. But you can lay get the sample on 61 keys like the 505 but its pitched by speed and not chromatically.

The drum kits on that are dirty as fuck. Most of my kits came from there and if you know how to use the mute guitar, it can sound like those basses on early David Axelrod records. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:04 pm 

i started my music making career with a yamaha djx, the djx 2 sucks ass in comparison. my buddy has one and that sampling delay is gay, the djx didnt do that and it had a few tracks to sample on and a bunch of weird sounds. try and get a djx, its pretty cool, the part 2 version isn't as good and mainly for people who make techno and jungle. 40 bucks tho, id prolly get it for fun cause you never know what you'd use it for, might end up being a midi keyboard in your collection or another sample trigger-er.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:06 am 

I got it today for around less than a 12 pack of cheap brew. Its more like a toy than anything. It is loaded up with presets and sounds though. Im gonna bring it with my sp and set up at my friends Kung Fu stand in the Mall of America and see how long I can go before they kick me out muahaha!

http://www.myspace.com/scottykeys3E

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:45 pm 

:oops: When I first bought it, I thought it was some pro gear :lol:

I copped it for $99 at my local Sam's Club back in 2000. I was awed by the knobs and effects, then I saw the Sample button and said " damn, I gotta get this" Ten years later, I can definitely see the toy qualities now, almost looks like those Toys R Us keyboards for 8 yr olds.

But the drums inside are ill.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:15 pm 

Ill Green, any chance you could post up some Yamaha DJX drum kits?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 pm 

the first djx was the shit. i played with it a shitload a few years back. it sampled and the sampling was nice but that was back when i first started sampling so i really dont remember how nice. but it had some weird ass sounds and a bunch of effects to effect the sound. the djx 2 is shit. my buddy is trying to get rid of his now, it is basically just a toy to make you feel like you can make trance music and the sounds are shit. stay away unless you want another useless piece of furniture in your crib.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:35 pm 

I know this thread is a bit old now, but I just want to testify that I had the DJX forever, and it really packs a lot into such a small price. The sounds are actually usable in a pro environment, compared to the thin classic Casio sounds, and even a few of the preset patterns are somewhat stylish...again, for something essentially designed for kids. Of course the sample features is a joke for most uses, but it does provide an introduction to the though process of gathering an original sound and sequencing it. This is the best of the battery-powered/built-in-speakers type of keyboard.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 pm 

I just picked up the OG blue Yamaha DJx keyboard for $50. I rarely see these things on eBay. When they are on there they're listed for $100 and sometimes even $200. No way I'm paying that!! I used to lust after it and spend hours in front of it when it was being sold at the local Best Buy in 1998.

I'm definitely going to hi-jack the drums out of here. Ill Green said the drums in here are dope, so I can't wait to pillage this thing. It's got a real resonant filter and some pretty useful synth and bass sounds.

I've seen some videos on YouTube with dudes MIDIng the DJx to Cubase and making some hard and intricately programmed acid house stuff. Again, it's not what you use but how you use it.

From what I've read around the web, the OG DJx is referred to as the Yamaha CS2x lite.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:10 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

i was just reading the sampler is 8 bit. what do you mean it doesnt sample. hmm,

yo , boom bap, can you share these drums, ill share my

yamaha psr 36 sounds.