It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 pm

Post subject: ASR-X (Pro)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:26 am 

Anybody have either of these? How do you like them? I hear the sequencer can be tricky at times, but I watched a video on youtube about it. Do you think they're worth the money ($250-$300) they go for? If one's looking to pick it up, what should they look for it to come with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:49 am 

Yes.. There are worth it.. I'm love Emu's gear.. I have many.. If you can get it that cheap then yes.. But beware of the sticky pads, and the software must be updated.. The LCD screen is extremely small

Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.

Post subject: ASR-X
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:57 pm 

I'd say skip it. If you don't plan on using the sequencer (kinda buggy anyways) then your only getting it for the effects which are not nearly as simply to use as the SP's. The ASR's pads are klunky, so are the SP's. There's no digital ins, just like the SP. The screen doesn't have enough information (the SP doesn't need too much more on the screen) and the scsi transfers are bonkers slow! For a drum-kit with about 88 sounds it took about 5 minutes! I had the black ASR-X. Sold it about 3 years ago for 1/10th the price I paid for it, and still don't regret not having it anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:21 pm 

it seems to me like people have a love/hate relationship with these boxes. Some people swear by them... some people swear at them..lol. But If you can get one cheap enough to resell it later with no loss if need be then go for it I say.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:46 am 

I have an ASR-X Pro for sale. Includes an scsi ZIP100 drive, scsi cable, zip discs, ac cable, Ramm upgrade, and I can include the manual in pdf format on a cd. Also have a normal IDE zip drive you can install in your computer to easily transfer samples. Lookin for $250 and I'll ship it free in lower 48.

It's a powerful machine and can go as deep as you want on the editing side. The sequencer on it is definitely what those above said. You love it at times and hate it at others. I'm selling it in order to save for an SP-404. Just want something small and simple to fiddle with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:32 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

asr x is dope , the sequencer isnt the best, but it comes with a shit load of drums and bass and synth and candy . so get one before you can never get one again, hurry !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:33 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

and you can resample the frickin sequencer.