It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Pocket Operator K.O PO-33 Sampler
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:27 pm 

I own 4 of them, but I am on the fence about the last 3 they’ve Released. The higher price point is somewhat concerning. It might be just $40 extra on each, but that adds up to $120 extra I didn’t pay for my first 3. Second, I also will just use them for sample material for my samplers. But I wouldn’t perform with these if you put a gun to my head. I can’t explain it, but these are tricky to use all 4 together. It’s sort of a choir to make sure I can hear all 4 in my mixer, even though they are all connected. Even if I get Rhythm, Factory, &
Sample PO’s, Will I have trouble hearing them if I chained them all?

I would like the new PO for the 8 bit sampling. But then again, I am saving up for a MiniBrute2, so no hurry on getting one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 pm 

As I fully understand saving for another piece of gear, there’s no comparison between the earlier models and the new ones. 2 out of 3 have sampling and the other one can sync to PC to mangle and upload more sounds. When a product has more features it usually is more expensive then it’s predecessor. $89 for a sampler that can sequence, auto slice, line in/MIC, FX, trim, pitch and assign chromatically is incredible. I’m not saying it’s the best thing ever but it clearly warrants a $40 dollar increase, witch actually is only $30 if you base it of the last set. The PO-2O series where $59 and may still be.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 pm 

I just got my K.O. last night. Played it 3 hours last night, 1 hour before work, 10 minutes on my smoke break, then 45 minutes on lunch. So basically every chance I got :)
Really like it, it's a lot of fun. Def worth $90. I'm actually happy with the sound quality too... I already have a lot of samplers, so this brings something diff to the table. I thought this was going to be a "toy" that I only "played with" like on smoke/lunch breaks & when waiting in line somewhere, but I can tell I'll use it a lot more than that.
I'm gonna record whatever I hear outside, like traffic, rain, ect to add to beats & that 8 bit flavor adds a nice texture to the sound. It's sooooo small. It's not a nuisance to take every where with you...... & it's fast. You don't even have to turn it on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:40 am 

Sharris wrote:
I just got my K.O. last night. Played it 3 hours last night, 1 hour before work, 10 minutes on my smoke break, then 45 minutes on lunch. So basically every chance I got :)
Really like it, it's a lot of fun. Def worth $90. I'm actually happy with the sound quality too... I already have a lot of samplers, so this brings something diff to the table. I thought this was going to be a "toy" that I only "played with" like on smoke/lunch breaks & when waiting in line somewhere, but I can tell I'll use it a lot more than that.
I'm gonna record whatever I hear outside, like traffic, rain, ect to add to beats & that 8 bit flavor adds a nice texture to the sound. It's sooooo small. It's not a nuisance to take every where with you...... & it's fast. You don't even have to turn it on.

Exactly, my favorite is the chromatic.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 pm 

it's only mono.... no thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:57 pm 

L0WC0$T_ wrote:
it's only mono.... no thanks

It def has it's limits (mono & 8 bit to name a few).
But I can't believe all the features it actually has...... for being the size of a debit card & $90.
For those who are interested..... features in a nutshell-
40 second sampler with line in, a mic, auto chops loops, can adjust start & end points, chromatic mode, lo-pass/hi-pass filter, tune, 15 performance effects, records automation, can chain 16 bars up to 128 times for a song, WHILE it's chained you can overdub, can monitor whatever you have connected to it's input while the sequence plays.
& everything's done FAST.

Even so, it has a lot of limits & this isn't my "main piece of gear", it's more about the fun factor. & realizing I could use it in more ways than "just having fun" made it worth it to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:25 pm 

I have an OP1 but will still cop this ting 100%!

it looks sick. 8bit sampling directly from the Nintendo yes please

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:33 pm 

I really want an OP-1.....been watchin it since it came out. Just havin a hard time pulling the trigger.

The K.O. should go great with it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:06 am 

On twitter Dibiase posted a pic of his current setup....He's rockin the KO right next to the SPs :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:34 pm 

Dude, this thing rocks. Worth every penny.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:50 pm 

I decided to get PO32 Tonic, even though I don’t really have a computer to run the VST to change the sounds. Can’t pick it up until April 4th, but that’s alright. I might now want the PO33 now?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:03 pm 

Heard the tonic is fantastic but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. 33 is definitely special, go checkout all the videos on YouTube. People are crushing it.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:05 am 

Found one with the rubber case for $70. I knew if I didn’t get it, someone else would. The fact that it was just a little over a regular P.O. made me decide to pick it up. Which has me now considering picking up the P.O. Sampler now. But it might wait a bit. Really depends on how bad I got GAS.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:16 am 

Headphones wrote:
Found one with the rubber case for $70. I knew if I didn’t get it, someone else would. The fact that it was just a little over a regular P.O. made me decide to pick it up. Which has me now considering picking up the P.O. Sampler now. But it might wait a bit. Really depends on how bad I got GAS.

That’s a steal dude, congrats.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:27 pm 

K.O. beat - first time posting a beat. I put it in the music section with a description, but thought I would stick it here too. Hopefully it works & doesn't sound too shitty

https://sharris.bandcamp.com/track/k-o-beat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next