It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:58 am

Post subject: Zoom sampletrak quirk
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:56 pm 

Anybody else ever experience a little annoying gap at the end of a sample after auto sampling a sequence.

For instance if you program a pattern at 98bpm with the first sound quantised to quarter notes so that it starts dead on, then resample this pattern and put it quantised to quarter notes into a sequence of 98bpm in doesn't loop correctly or cleanly.

I've tried sampling the sequence looping through twice and chopping it back to one bar using various chopping methods (Bpm, by ear, numbers etc). Sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

Sometimes get similar little glitches and quirks after truncating, or changing samples tuning by Bpm values.

No big deal, but can sometimes stop the creative flow a little. Noticed years ago but never thought to ask if anyone else gets it on their machine.

Post subject: Re: Zoom sampletrak quirk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:59 am 

have heard of people complain about something similar on the 404, and have experienced it looping on different things myself, i think it is you need to have an exact start point, and sample untill the end of the loop and then some of the first beat, now that you have the first beat at the end of the loop, you can use that as a reference to set your start point to get an exact loop again.

Post subject: Re: Zoom sampletrak quirk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:29 pm 

Yeah that's been my work around, but as I say some times it works sometimes it doesn't. I've tried time stretching and Bpm matching too. And my chopping is pretty tight and exact.

I think it could have something to do with bpms. As you can't have 98.7 etc. You have to have whole numbers.

It's annoying though, because when you mark it it loops fine and sounds good but after truncating or putting into a pattern I seem to get the glitch.

Just one of those little idiosyncrasies of the machine I suppose.