It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

Post subject: Re: The Legend of DR-202 MIDI (SP-202/SP-303)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:30 pm 

EXTSOURCE or not, I still wish the SP-303 and SP-505 would have been able to sample *and* keep the signal through live like the SP-202 does. When you stop recording, the throughput continues while it processes on the SP-202. On the others, you have to re-arm EXT after having taken a sample. I didn't voice the criticism very well. I will say this though, and I hate to admit it, but as hiphop/rap has moved along to the present day; those two TR-808 kits, the rolls, and the bass being as flippable as it is, it's really not the joke it once was. I'll always be choppin samples, but the DR-202 can trap it up. :roll: The kids are feelin it. :?

Post subject: Re: The Legend of DR-202 MIDI (SP-202/SP-303)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:19 pm 

I’ve slowly been syncing my old gear to my new TB-03, and the DR202 & TB03 seem to get along fine. I actually don’t need to crank the volume or bass all the way if connected to the 03’s audio in. But I learned by going inside the menu system of the 202, you can actually crank in more sounds by adjusting what you can edit. Which I guess I wasn’t aware I could do. So I’ll explore that some more.

Also knew it could trigger the SP202’s pads, but wasn’t aware I could do this with the MS-1 as well. So now I plan to see what the DR202 & MS-1 can do together. Maybe even it could trigger both of them?? I’ll try it out anyway.