It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Post subject: MPC Touch
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:23 pm 

Have we talked about this yet?
http://www.akaipro.com/microsites/mpc-touch/

This looks pretty dope- no MIDI though, but (I guess) you could use a MIDI to USB adapter?

Post subject: Re: MPC Touch
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:36 pm 

HxC wrote:
Have we talked about this yet?
http://www.akaipro.com/microsites/mpc-touch/

This looks pretty dope- no MIDI though, but (I guess) you could use a MIDI to USB adapter?

yea that does look pretty dope. I think I might ask for overtime to get this lol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:53 pm 

I wonder if it will be subject to annoying software updates that render it obsolete after 5 years.
I will be looking for this at AES.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:40 pm 

It's got 2 1/8" breakout ports that have 1/8"-5 pin DIN MIDI jacks. So that's not much of an issue. No multiple audio outputs is an issue, though. I don't like how flimsy the unit is either, especially for $800. If you watch the videos, you'll see what I mean. It'll slide all over the place. Sonic State had given it some decent reviews and even mentioned the touch screen was good in terms of response. Anything beyond that is yet to be seen. It definitely won't replace my MPC2000. I'd rather have a standalone unit than a controller any day. We've been debating all these things at the mpc-forums. I don't have much faith in Akai these days. So I'd rather be honest and tell you all to wait until the verdict is out before spending your money.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:38 am 

distorted wrote:
It's got 2 1/8" breakout ports that have 1/8"-5 pin DIN MIDI jacks. So that's not much of an issue. No multiple audio outputs is an issue, though. I don't like how flimsy the unit is either, especially for $800. If you watch the videos, you'll see what I mean. It'll slide all over the place. Sonic State had given it some decent reviews and even mentioned the touch screen was good in terms of response. Anything beyond that is yet to be seen. It definitely won't replace my MPC2000. I'd rather have a standalone unit than a controller any day. We've been debating all these things at the mpc-forums. I don't have much faith in Akai these days. So I'd rather be honest and tell you all to wait until the verdict is out before spending your money.

gotta agree with distorted on this. akai has been hard to love lately.

Roland SP-404MKIIx2,
Korg microSTATION,
Roland Verselab MV-1,
FLStudio 20 & Akai Fire,
Maschine MKII & MKIII,
UbuntuStudio / KXStudio,
https://soundcloud.com/mr-thraz