It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:32 pm

Post subject: monotron's which one
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:50 pm 

So i got to mess with the DUO and Delay, broke my first delay circit bending it. So had to get another, I am more impressed with the Delay, after watching videos it looks like the OG is the sound I was after, so I should check that one out next. The space delay is like a synth on its own, however the batteries run out fast, and becomes like a new synth when the batteries are low, it starts screaming and talking.

The duo is more musical, not as spacey, the best way (i think) to use one, would be to record it for a while , then chop out parts and start making a song with it. I made a couple cool bass wobbles on the duo, I think to make awesome bass wobbles you need the OG, does anyone have an OG ? which one do you like the most ? How do you make songs with them ?

The delay can generate white noise after a while, so you can get drum rythyms, and if you slow the frequency down enough , you can get kick drums if you set the echo to low, and the feedback a up.

word to monotrons.

Last edited by LO- on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: monotron's which one
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:59 pm 

Member Noddy Headed Freak has made a lot of cool beats with his monotrons.

I've got an OG myself. It's fun I guess, but I just never had any idea of how to fit it with any music - or how to play in tune. Recording yourself and chopping it up seems like a good idea.

Adit/add:

Found some tips/ideas here:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may11/a ... 0511-4.htm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:16 pm 

i like the delay the most because it's this tiny machine which can sound like a huge army rolling over your house (if you hook it up to loud speakers). it's cool for creating noise and fx but hard to use for melodies.
like janglesoul said the OG is almost impossible to play in tune. like a theremin. but i bet there are some people who can master it. if you can afford it and you like the other monotrons i think you should get it. the input is cool for filtering external stuff. some background noise but a dope filter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:28 am 

To me, the Delay is pretty much the OG, but with the pitch knob on the ribbon strip(and delay effects of course). I broke my OG a while back and bought one off ebay, but was sent a Delay instead. So now I have 2 Delays.

The Duo is playable, I just don't like how it sounds. I usually just hook it up to the Delay to add more depth.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:38 am 

I have all three and have yet to make anything "useful" with them, however I wouldn't part with them as they are fun toys.
I recently picked up a Monotribe with the midi modification (ebay bargain :wink: ) and I imagine that will be of more practical use.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:06 pm 

I had the first one that came out a while back ago. Too good of a sound-source to feed your samplers with. That thing + an OctaTrack = rabbit hole.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:01 am 

a cool trick, Not shure how accurate the line in on the monotrons is, I found to get a nice subtle mix, run whatever your working on thru the monotron to test the levels, it will automaticly show you whats sticking out by distorting the shit out of whatever is too loud. when you put your headphones back on, it's like whoa who mixed that, almost sounds commercial , a bit light, so I turn the drums up a bit more. dont have a monitoring solution now besides a guitar amp, I dont have setup. this makes your mix sound a bit wimpy when you put your headphones back on, so thats a cool way to get a gentle mix.