It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Electribe Sampler, Electribe M.P.S, and Volca Sample
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:21 pm 

I was worried that the sample manager was going to be iOS only for what ever reason. Going to have to check this out now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:26 pm 

they open sourced the volca sample software after the initial announcement mentioned only ios
but you cant even download the miku stomp software to an american ios device so far as i can tell, dang it korg!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 pm 

Miku Miku HAI!

Waiting for the Vai-series Miku pedal. It will be pro.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 pm 

I just preordered the electribe sampler :)

Comes out in March but I can't wait. This is what I always wanted Korg to do; a microsampler but with 16 pads instead of keys. The lights are a bit flashy but reminds me of the 505.

Gonna post an unboxing and first power up video when it comes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 pm 

Ill Green wrote:

Comes out in March but I can't wait. This is what I always wanted Korg to do; a microsampler but with 16 pads instead of keys. The lights are a bit flashy but reminds me of the 505.

damn, still no manual of this thing...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:34 pm 

ellaguru wrote:
Ill Green wrote:

No :( and I downloaded the electribe manual like a fool. But its still inciteful. I just wanna know how is the sampler section.

All in all, because all the bugs in the electribe has been ironed out now, so this release should be solid :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:40 pm 

Ill Green wrote:
ellaguru wrote:

No :( and I downloaded the electribe manual like a fool. But its still inciteful. I just wanna know how is the sampler section.

All in all, because all the bugs in the electribe has been ironed out now, so this release should be solid :)

same mistake by me on my 19 september post , page 2 of this thread :lol: , i also made a critic of that manual, like a fool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:48 am 

Your post is right though. The manual does not go into detail on most things. Its like the monotribe manual, just mentions what the buttons do.

My guess is that the sampler was incorporated by the microsampler by the way Korg explained its capabilities.

Oh come March, come. But don't make a mess :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:03 pm 

So out of the box the Volca limits you to use an app to get your own sounds in the machine, which makes no sense to me...does the Caustic editor solve this or am I totally mistaken?
can I just dump an audio file from my desktop to the Volca Sample using the desktop version of Caustic? Caustic sort of working as an (virtual) memory card in the middle if you want to compare to sp's....

trying to imagine how the workflow would go, especially if you can kinda turn it into a "full" sampler with Caustic. and what the end result would sound like.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:30 pm 
Awesome Member

got my volca sampler yesterday - and it's already my big fav of the four...
such a dope drummachine/sampler - ADSR, pitching, swing ect - all that stuff my 404s can't do... i'm programming drum beats that would take forever on the sp - instant love - i'm on the road atm so haven't load own samples yet but i did use the caustic editor on a pc with a friends machine - no problems with that at all man. already thinking of getting a second one :shock:

it's a bit of a pity that it doesn't have any inputs but considering the price it's a dope piece - no question

:idea: off topic:

wonder if the metronome of a zoom8 could sync the volcas?
i'd greatly appreciate if someone with a volca and a zoom R8 could test that - sold my R8 - want it back though... if this works, you could use the korg sq1 or any volca with midi out mod to sync your sp to the R8.... a feature i always been missing on the R8 - seen the bpm trick to smoothen out loop points but some stable sync would be killer... HELP!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:17 am 

wax inspektor wrote:
:idea: off topic:

wonder if the metronome of a zoom8 could sync the volcas?
i'd greatly appreciate if someone with a volca and a zoom R8 could test that - sold my R8 - want it back though... if this works, you could use the korg sq1 or any volca with midi out mod to sync your sp to the R8.... a feature i always been missing on the R8 - seen the bpm trick to smoothen out loop points but some stable sync would be killer... HELP!

I've tried the metronome sounds before, but none of the sounds work proper.

Came across this a couple weeks ago(scroll towards the 2nd from bottom): http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 719710f04a

So essentially you would record the click output from the Volca, slice it in a wav editor into just one sound, import into the R8 and sequence sample as 8ths as long as you like, record/bounce the sequence, import into track 7 or 8, and select track 7 or 8 as metronome.

Haven't had the chance to try it yet though, but should work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:34 pm 
Awesome Member

^ so i'm always loosing a track with this? but very cool trick indeed... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:51 am 

yes you have to give up one track up as the metronome sound file -

but remember on R8 you can import any track from any project to any other project.

You might have a "Drums" project - fill up the 7 tracks then bounce to a master - you can import that master into another project and so on...

want to change up? - go back to your Drums project..

It's one of the great things of the R8 - that breaking down the wall between projects.

I tried the sync out trick on EMX 2 and works the same as it does on my Beats, Bass..- well, it should.

next am investigating the Playlist function on R8 - and whether the sync file operates there - you can then have an entire set mapped out - with 7 tracks already laid down in each project - still using your Sample, Bass whatever and twiddling live... then mix those tracks in and out with your device... I got the idea from Tom whatsaname [edit - Ellard] from Severed Heads - he mentioned the idea on his blog last year.

http://www.myspace.com/tha1punchd

=

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:56 am 

update
here is the manual
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/368/#manual

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:04 pm 

wax inspektor wrote:
got my volca sampler yesterday - and it's already my big fav of the four...
such a dope drummachine/sampler - ADSR, pitching, swing ect - all that stuff my 404s can't do... i'm programming drum beats that would take forever on the sp - instant love - i'm on the road atm so haven't load own samples yet but i did use the caustic editor on a pc with a friends machine - no problems with that at all man. already thinking of getting a second one :shock:

it's a bit of a pity that it doesn't have any inputs but considering the price it's a dope piece - no question

I got approved for Sweetwater's credit card, so I decided to order 5 Volcas, Beats/Bass/Sample/FM & Kick. Decided to finally pick up some studio monitors while I was at it. But I only played with Beats & Sample before, but having 5 Volcas just was too tempting to pass on. Plus I didn't want to buy something too pricy. $159 each wasn't going to hurt too bad I felt, even with the interest I'm sure I'll have to pay.

Bad news is: all my other gear is in the pawn store, so my 2 electribes, DX200, SP505, etc I've got to slowly pick up while paying for my new purchases. It's all good. Plan to be working 7 days a week for as long as my body can handle it. So I got this.

Might have to order a SP404SX before Christmas!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next