It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:57 am

Post subject: Boss RC505 .. vocally versed?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 am 

anybody use the Rc 505 to record song verses on .. ie .. verse 1 for example on pad 2 .. nd verse 2 on pad 3 .. hook pad 4 .i want to us it for sequencing beats on ..but also dropping whole whole verses multitrack style ( to reduce equipt size nd more efficiency)

Any feedback greatly appreciated in advance

Live life . Love life

Post subject: Re: Boss RC505 .. vocally versed?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm 

hey man - I got an RC505 awhile back, its the best looper i've ever used by FAR. I really recommend it to folks, its a crime it didn't get more attention from the electronic community as it's one of the first to not be built 90% for guitar in mind.....great for samplers/beat box/rap/keyboards.

That being said, yeah you can use it as a multitrack in that fashion, verses on different pads and you'd stop/start to switch between them...you can also make a pad a 'one shot', like turning off gate on an SP pad, and you'd hit it once to trigger and once done it stops....there is another thing (I have not tried this) where the pads are in a 'mute group' so to speak, so you hit pad 1, then pad 2, and pad 2 would stop pad 1 - this would be more like a , verse/chorus/verse method where each pad had the vocal AND the music

Good luck, let us know if you get one.

Oh also, the effects on it are veeeerrryyy nice, they are SP-esque but some of them are much higher quality.

I need to make a demo video of it in use, but my skills on it are moderate at best right now :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:31 pm 

most respect .. i am proper interested in getting 1

Live life . Love life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:26 am 

i WILL get one of these by Christmas. I see it really clearing up a rut I'm in. i need the immediacy of it.
I saw a couple of vids where people aren't beatboxing and I was thoroughly impressed at how easy it is to get a beat together. This really almost seems more like the latest sp even.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:43 am 

If it were just a tad cheaper, I'd want one. But I got a iPad and a Mpc2500 I'm paying off in payments, so that's why it's not a huge priority. Would love to try one, but my local stores never have any!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:25 pm 

.. all i can say is .. its equally intuitive to the sp404 .. nice effects .. looping is easy .. took me 20 minutes to figure it from out the box ... just wish it was made a year earlier or so .

Best investment in music ive made .. i can honestly say it was the peace of kit ive been looking for since i boight my 404sx in 2012
Good for doing compositional arrangement and dubs nd drop out techniques .. crucial!
.. it is BOSS

Live life . Love life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:22 am 

Grrrrr, so unfair I'm buried in debt on my current list, and couldn't see myself having the budget for one until next spring. :x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:26 pm 

seems overpriced to me...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:40 pm 

@Jetson - I'm curious, mang. I've been looking into getting meself a solid looper for a while and have not been able to settle on one, are there any that you (or anyone else) would suggest?

Out of the tons I've scoped out... the RC-300 remains at the top of the list. Outside of having the inputs I need (phantom power is damn-near a must), it also has three tracks with dedicated control per, MIDI. The expression pedal is really nice for blending wet/dry signals, so that is a plus.

The EHX 45000 is a sexy piece of loopery. The original model was THE looper I thought I settled on. Plenty of control with the four active tracks + the mixdown track. I think the interface is eloquent and could easily live without the effects of the RC-300 for that alone, but once I plug a guitar in that could totally change. :roll: :lol:

Not to highjack a thread - just a modest looper conversation. lolz