It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:10 am

Post subject: Recording Software / Mixer / Digi Interface ?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 am 

I need to figure out how to make my shit sound good quality..

Currently this is what i do..

1. load samples or sample from records or just upload wav files into my SP 404 sampler. I then tweak shit add effects etc..

2. Midi time.. I midi my SP 404 with my SP 1200. I sequence all my drum patterns and segments with the SP 1200.. Sp 1200 has a way better and easier approach when it comes to swing mode IMHO and just the over all pattern making steps and step programing is way better then trying to do everything with the 404. Plus more the 404 does not provide any Song Mode options..( The SP 404 pattern making is hit and miss and adding air before snares then truncate to fake swing since it does not provide any swing you have to fake it by adding the air space before the snare sample ).. Don't get me wrong I still love the 404..

3. Then I go Midi Out of the SP 1200 to Midi In Midi Man.. USB style to my PC..

4. I use Cake Walk ( cake walk picks up the midi signal ) to record my Midi Performance.. I can pan left and right to make my shit stereo since the SP is mono.. and do mad other shit with Cake Walk..

5. This is where the problem starts.. I can record shit fine.. and save as Wav file etc.. but, the shit never really sounds studio quality it's always really shabby.. and almost not even worth listening to quality in my opinion..

6. I really need something to probably boost up the sound before I go directly into the little midi man USB connection device.. like a mixer or some other digi interface.. because the sound is always really muffled or just to grungy or muddy.. I mean I don't want it sounding too clean but at least so I can be happy with the recording after I'm done..

any thoughts? or possible advice would be appreciated. :?