It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 am

Post subject: Re: Get an op-1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:56 pm 

There's no hate man. I have a shruthi and OP1 are cool. Just not something i feel like spending money on atm.

EDIT:

I just try to get gear I can use to play live, and that's why I have a 404sx. I couldn't really play the way I want using a 303 or a 202. I can see the, yeah but these big ass synth are a bitch to move around for show and a OP-1 is not.

If I remember well, you can't really "save" a bunch of song on a OP-1? And I don't know if it would be a good move to get a OP-1 to sample it out...

I see the advantage of one as a composition tool, that has a cool synth and sampler but I feel like getting this would require me to work in a tolllllly different way. (that can be cool too...)

BANDCAMP OF DOOM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am 

Nice reboot, Rabot!

While it is mostly a composition tool you can def play live off the OP-1. But it would take a bunch of preparation first & you'd need to be able to play some of the synth parts. Wouldn't to use it as a solo live tool either.

Can't save much music to it either. The 4 track tape is 6 minutes long (at standard play speed, you can play it slower to get more time). You only get one layer of 4 track as well, so when you make a track on the tape you gotta back it up. Guess the idea was concerntrate the hell out of one song, record & back it up then move on.

Forgot how long you can record to the 'album' function, but you get 2 layers of it (both stereo & realtime playback only). These are mainly for recording different takes of the tape tracks.

If you couple the OP-1 with a DAW or another sampler you can start building tracks that you'd normally never come up with. This is the OP-1 paired with an ESX, all sounds out of the OP-1, resampled & sequenced back in the ESX, super proud of it too. It's something I could never make without the OP-1's workflow & totally different to my usual vibe.

Where's your OP-1 tracks, JBL?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:35 am 
Winner of Silver Medal
Winner of Silver Medal

Had one then had to sell it for $$$. Such a fun little gadget and worked well with 404.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:37 pm 

so check my soundcloud, got 7 new songs made on op-1!