It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Post subject: Asr-10 & zip drive problems...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:50 pm 

Hey just thought i'd ask since i cant figure this out after 2 days of trying.

So i got a scsi iomega 100 zip drive and a bunch of zip disks but i cant format the damn thing! I tried scsi id 5 & 6 but nothing. I tryed interleave 0 & 1 which work and it starts to format and the zip drive starts blinking and making noise but after 10 mins of " * formatting * " the zip drive stops blinking and the asr is still formatting...and i've left it for a long time 30 min and it doesn't stop formatting...any help?

Post subject: Re: Asr-10 & zip drive problems...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:44 pm 

This is a common problem with zip drives and disks..... Which is why the format didn't survive. I would try to get another drive first since it is unlikely that all those disks are bad. From my experience using zips I have had both drives and disks die for no reason. Good luck! Also hit up rprecise he's had many asr10s with the zip combo.

Post subject: Re: Asr-10 & zip drive problems...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 pm 

Solved my own problem!...

So if anyone cares,
i guess iomega changed their Hardware/software after a while of making zip drives. So the later zip drives 100 and 250 dont understand the "format drive" command from the asr 10, it tries but formats infinetly and never gets the job done. And without that u cant format disks to save on!...so i found a usb zip drive 250 awhile ago in the hopes of using it to transfer my beats from asr to pc...so i download "translator free" from chickensys and it formats zip disk in the proper ensoniq file format . And i could transfer samples and sequences and edit all of them right there !...

I will now praise the asr-10 as greatest sampler ever!