It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

Post subject: Sample speed change during playback
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:48 pm 

Hey everybody. I've been wondering for a while if there's any samplers or some other devices that could play back samples and there would be a way to control playback speed. And now I don't mean sample stretch but real slowing or speeding up with pitch change and all. The pitch change on my 404sx won't do either, 'cause tempo stays the same. Moog Filtatron on iPhone has it and it sounds just right, but I want to do this while performing with a noisy punk band and I don't want to operate a damn phone and it's tiny touch screen on stage with my sweaty fingers. I can't think of anything than MPC with its sliders. That's way out of my price range ('tough I had one and sold it :? ). So.... a cassette four track? Anything? Appreciate all kinds of suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Sample speed change during playback
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 pm 

ths sp 808 has a vari speed function that can change the speed and pitch of your entire machines output in realtime. I did it by accident once and ruined a bunch of samples i was resampling. Look into it. I never really dealt with it, just the once i screwed up but its a realtime pitch and speed shifter, probably for live dj's.