It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:19 am

Post subject: Tascam Dealings
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 am 

Tascam DP01 - had this portastudes since the year of 2007 i believe...

bought it cos i got hyped about using a Yamaha MD4 recorder on a music production course i started the same year.

here and there i dabbled,made a few vocals on it,plenty of 404 importations mainly.

had it under the bed for tiiiime!.was thinking of selling it.been listening to beats i recorded into it and came to a conclusion

TASCAM DP01 = punch

it's hefty,but worth it.i recommend anyone who can get it cheap on the sly.nuff space on it too - 32GB of hard disk for laying down bare funk down.

always been more inspired to work on tracks on it-over using a pc (talking to lace vocals)(less distractions+nothing like physical editing)

Live life . Love life

Post subject: Re: Tascam Dealings
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:22 am 

Really been on the edge with this one, might pick one up after this. Been using the PC as a multitrack, but always like analog so gonna do some more research.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:50 am 

^

obviously pc you can do more editing and splicing,but if you like that raw approach it's worth a look in.

plus you can export the tracks to edit later on i with the DP01 .and other new portastudes

Live life . Love life

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm 

i personally had the dp01fx; i bought it 'cause i started in the late '90s using 4trax cassettes recorders (yamaha mt120) so i wanted to refind the same spirit in some digital recorder and that one had the same flow (you can add external fx) but i was disappointed by one (for me) important point: when you bounce tracks you cannot not record all the tracks you listen to; that point is important for me because ,for example, if you want to bounce 1 track while improvising fx on it (like on the dub -lee perry,king tubby etc-)you record the other ones you listen to bouncing the whole on one track: that is frustrating for me; this is possible on analog 4trax recorders or on softwares (ableton live, cubase etc); so unfortunately i had to sold it (also because i preferred graphical editings) but i kept with me the little zoom mrs4 digital rec.

anyway the dp01 series has a punching and round sound. very cool. and some of the internal fx are nice.

Last edited by ellaguru on Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:35 am 

I might be interested in this. How much you looking to get for it?