It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 am

Post subject: Tascam DP-02
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:43 pm 

I just bought the Tascam DP-02 and for some reason whenever I go to record, what I hear in my headphones (while recording) is in mono. When I listen to the playback it's in stereo. Is this an SP related issue? It's really annoying tho..'ve never used the dp02...any advice on getting a stereo mix?

Post subject: Re: Tascam DP-02
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:17 pm 

Hardware DAWs like the DP series record in mono. Its made that way so you can have total control when you output tracks in stereo and adjusting the panning to however you like during the final mix.

I have a DP-01, and when recording from my SP-303 or 606, I sample everything in mono and the samples with stereo qualities I record them as mono as well but as seperate channels to TWO seperate pads, like Left channel to pad 1 and Right channel to pad 2. If the song on the SP got an auto-pan effect or such I plug the L jack into INPUT 1 and R jack into INPUT 2 of the Tascam.

Also you can lay your drums to 6 tracks and create a stereo effect by panning the drum kit seperately. You can even put a Tom to all eight tracks and pan them in motion from Left reaching to Right to create the sound of the Toms as if its banging across the room or fuck your head up on headphones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 pm 

Really? Dang that sucks..I 'll have to get used to it I guess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 pm 

:oops: My goof. Forgot about the monox2/stereo switch at the inputs. Does the DP-02 has that switch? My DP-01 has and can record in stereo. Been using it on mono all these years and forgot about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:56 pm 

Hey,

Yeah I mess with those swtiches. It is initially set to Stereo when I turn it on, but only plays in mono. When I hit the Mono swich everything in the headphones is in Stereo?