It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:31 am

Post subject: Dr-202
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:14 pm 

Yooo. So I found a DR-202 on e-bay for mad cheap. I got it for 45 bucks including shipping. It just arrived night. It's missing 5 of the 8 knobs and was only labeled on ebay as "boss drum machine", so that's why I got it so cheap. The functions still work great without the knobs, it's just a little harder to turn them, but still possible. I'm going to jack some knobs from somewhere. It didn't come with a power supply, and the supply from my SP202 doesn't work with it. Neither did a regular 9V adaptor. (it does say it takes 9V power), but it works great with batteries. Other than that it is fully functional.

Anyways I have a few questions:
1.) I'd like to ideally have a power supply for this so I don't have to keep using batteries. Does anyone know if fixing the power supply is an easy fix? Is it worth trying? Would an electrician know what's up?

2.) Does anyone have a manual for this thing by any chance? Like a PDF or something? I'd like to be able to sequence my SP202 from it. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out, but it's going to take a while as it's not as "obvious" as my SP202.

Any other advice, input, or personal experience is welcome. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:09 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

http://www.soundprogramming.net/manuals ... Manual.pdf

Be sure to save the pdf though, it's hard to find nowadays. :)

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:19 pm 

That's great! Thank you very much, I really appreciate that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:20 pm 

nice find bro

take it down to a Tandy/Radio Shack - they'll be able to sell you some potentiometers/knobs that you can re-apply to the broken ones, and if you check the manual for voltage/watts they can sell you the right power supply too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:18 pm 

Hey man thanks for the input, but as I said in my first post it's not the power supply. I have the manual (thanks to PHeMoX) and it's the exact same volts as my SP202. I have the original power supply for my SP202 and that works great on the SP, but it doesn't work on my DR202. The DR202 is a 9V power supply and I've also tried 3 different 9volt power supplies that I know work (because I use them with my effect pedals) to no avail. This leads me to believe it has to be the actual plug on the DR202 itself. It says right on the DR202 itself to only use a BOSS power supply, and I did try that (the one from my SP202). I am pretty sure it's where the power supply plugs into.

Does anyone know how easy opening this up and fixing something like that would be?

I love this thing too by the way. Once I fully wrap my head around it, it's going to be a deadly twin brother to my SP202.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:58 am 
303 Award Winner '09

It's most likely the on the dr.202, how easy it would be to fix depends on how available a new power supply connection is(probably not hard) and how comfortable you are with opening the box to remove the old connection and solder in the new one.